Mazda2 Inventory

MacAttack7

:
2011 Mazda2 Sport (Manual)
Is Mazda still shipping out Mazda2's?
I noticed a couple of the dealers in my area ran out of them.
I know the earthquake messed up their operations, so I was just wondering.

with the recent purchased i did, I was told that the car is being produced but on hold for shipping and i guess there will be a lil price adjustment due to the calamity that had happened. but then again salesman tells u they own the moon too so lets hope what he said was b.S..

If they do decide to stop shipping M2 in the us guess what? were the lucky ones to have it. and with the quantity that was shipped. our car could be a collectors item in the FUTURE lol

Three of the dealers around here have run out of Mazda2's and seem to have no idea when/if they'll be getting more.
There is one dealer that has 7 of them; guess they just suck at selling cars.
They had 9 on their lot forever & finally sold 2.
I guess maybe it really will be a collector's item.

I dont know alot about what you are talking about, but I have been told that Mazda thinks they will be 80% back on track in June.

I dont know alot about what you are talking about, but I have been told that Mazda thinks they will be 80% back on track in June.
That's not far from the time when 2012 models should start coming out & the 2011 Mazda2 will be a thing of the past.

And you will probably get the new Sky engine too. The Demio(Mazda2) will get this new engine in July in Japan. I have read something about it.

Anyone know when Mazda will be shipping more 2s out? I have a down payment sitting in the bank awaiting a white touring 5 speed. None of my local dealers have any idea when they will be getting more cars in.

The quake and weather overseas screwed everything up. Mazda won't admit it, but it's true. We haven't had a 2 on the lot in about 2 months. Said build to ship time was anywhere from 60-120 days. So rest assured when you DO get one, it will be fresh off the truck. It's the same right now for Nissan Cube.

Well I was able to get my car. I checked Mazdas site every day until a crystal white touring in a 5 speed turned up. Called the dealer and bought it right off the boat, haha. Seems that they will be trickling in.

Keep in mind 2012's come in the fall and should get a LOT better mileage as they will use the sky engine and a little more power as well.

Do we know for sure that the 2012 US-spec 2's are getting the Skyactiv powertrain? I thought only the 3 was going to get it for 2012.

From everything I read I had thought the 2012s were getting sky, but I wouldnt swear my life on it but I do know there are photos of a mazda2 with the sky engine already in it that was at a press event in japan in late june\early july.

We dont get the Sky engine in the 2 until it comes a brand new 2 here in Europe.

The new 1.5 has 113 bhp and start/stop etc... That will be fun. On the 9 of June they opend to order the facelifed2 with sky engines and they got about 6000 orders in befor the the sales started on the 30 of June.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back