Boost issues

smith631

:
2003 MSP
I'm very new to this msp as well as turbo cars in general but i've been reading up for the last bit trying to diagnose my issue. At first my car was hitting fuel cut but i was able to solve that with the boost controller, I have the blitz sbc-ID. But now I have a vacuum leak somewhere that I need to try and find. I have my boost set at 9 PSI but i spike to about 11.5-12 when I really step on it. My idle vacuum is a -18 and rpms at 600. How should I go about searching for the leak in the lines or would it be my wastegate? Car came with a forge wastegate installed. As well it seems i have a slight hesitation accelerating at about 3000 rpm, would that be a result of the boost leak?

Check out my thread: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123792145-Engine-Gets-Sluggish-3000-rpm-s

Real quick places to check are the wastegate
-Blow into the vacuum line going into the WGA. If there is no or little resistance then it is bad and should be replaced
-also others have reported that the flap for the internal wastegate coming out some
-look here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-properly-(tested-EVERYTHING-can-t-fix)/page3

Also remove the heat shield and check for missing/loose bolts on the exhaust manifold, and while its off look at where the exhaust manifold connects to the turbo, others have reported it being loose there as well.

The wastegate seems fine, couldnt blow through it at all. I'll take some pictures of my engine set up this weekend to show what I have for mods and such. I'm going to take a look at the other stuff this weekend and report back with my findings. I read the hesitation thread and that sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing so im going to take a look at the plugs this weekend too. Another question I have is about my idle, my car idles at about 500-600 rpm, which seems kinda low to me. Input??

hesitation at 3000 would be the crappy stock ecu. Do you have a piggyback ecu installed? I hear they should be the 1st mod you do.

alright so this is long overdue, found the leaks, idle is correct at -20 to -21, but my problems have been steadily getting worse. When I really try and accelerate quickly in the car, im getting up to 9-10 ish psi but thats only because the limiter is stopping it from spiking any higher, and the car will buck and stutter fairly violently under the heavy boost, especially in the higher gears. Its erratic though, sometimes it will work properly, but more often then not it doesn't go right. Although the car does boost better when the engine is cold, or when I stomp on the gas from 3500-4000 rpm rather than 2000 rpm. Could this be a WGA arm length adjustment or is there something bigger here that needs to be addressed.

Back