rattling/vibrating around 1800 or 1900 rpm while accelleratgi fwd not stationary rev

Anyone experience this?

Not sure if it is coming from a heat shield, exhaust pipe or engine, but it is deffinately in the front of the vehicle.

Check the shields at disc brakes. I had one bent by road debris and it would periodically contact the rotor creating a rattle type noise. Vibration???

Its weird because if i'm stationary and rev the engine, it won't duplicate, but accellerating slowly and hovering right around 1800/1900 rpm produces this bad sounding noise, that I would describe as sounding similar to an electric transformer making a buzzing noise, along with the normal engine noise.

Me too. And after my car got the front collision (minor), the sounds became much louder. After fixed the front, I can still hear that sound. More like resonance of the engine and body.

Actually I have been experiencing this too. I had no collisions with this car and recently had breaks replaced by a local Mazda dealer. The shudder/rattling is becoming noticeable when in auto mode switching gears from 4 to 5 and speed is between 30-43Mph. I brought the car to dealer. Their mechanic drove it for 23 miles and confirmed the shudder from torque converter, although he said it's normal and suggested flushing the transmission fluid :).

What sucks is that my car is at 59700 miles so in case it's a serious issue with transmission or torque converter, I am screwed.

My 2011 CX-9 GT FWD with 11,800 miles JUST started doing this...or me searching for resonance/buzz as I have brought me to this thread. It has been perfect, until last Saturday & hurricane rainy weather. Did nothing different but drive home on the highway and the next day driving through a parking lot with the roof open, and starting out/first accelerating, would hear a buzz/resonance up front that sounds like a metal buzz. Over a week later, it's louder and louder, and definitely coming from the front. Accelerate, from a stop and then again as it nears the gear change to 2nd & 3rd and buzz again.

Need to take it in. Sounds terrible. Anyone ever get a resolve to the above? Seems like it may be exhaust related, but I can't figure out how it just started.

Mine is just basically annoying at this point, but not worth 4 hours of my time to sit at the dealer for them to tell me its a non-warranty item. Its now a wider range, just while accellerating from about 1800-2000 rpm there is a audible buzz/resonance. I will take it to the dealer, but not likely to do this until I get alot closer to my 60k warranty expiration which won't be fore some time. (unless its gets really bad, then I may take it in). The only way I could diagnose the problem myself is to have someone sit in the car in gear holding the brake and press down the accellerator simultaneously while I crawl under the vehicle. Not sure how I feel about that kind of life threatening procedure though...

This'll sound weird, but try banging or tapping with your fist on the grille and lower plastic panels below the bumper. I had a slightly loose fog light surround up there and it would buzz when the engine and road vibrations reached a certain level. If you're also unlucky enough to have front license plates, also check to see if they may be vibrating by giving the bumper a tap with your fist. Another thing to check is the supprt rod for the hood. They have also been known to vibrate and make some rattling noises at certain speeds....

Mine is getting louder still, feels and sounds driver side front end sourced. Kind of felt the resonance in the floor on my side once or twice, with the sound. Seems exhaust related, or something like a loose heat shield, but nothing seems amiss visually. Need to take it in. Company in the CX-9 last weekend asked me what that loud sound was, when I had the roof open. However it happened.

hello,

I have a sound in the right front of the vehicle (around strap) since mazda albi changed the tensioner and 2 straps on my cx-9 one month ago (my car had 49000 KMS). Before that no bad sound.

the sound appears when i'm accellerating very slowly from 3 and 4 gear, the sound is like a metal buzz.

I brought my car at my dealer and they reprogrammed the computer of the engine but the sound is always here.

I recalled them for a new appointment, it's not normal.

have a nice day
Olivier
have nice day
Olivier

I just wanted to add to this post and see if others have had success. My 2011GT AWD has only 3700 miles and I recently noticed a constant "droning" when the car is either cruising with the accelerator lightly pressed or going slightly up hill between 35-40mph. It's either in 4th or 5th gear and the RPMs are between 1250 to 1750 RPMs. I can actually feel the droning slightly in the accelerator and the floor. Throwing the car into Neutral and revving the engine doesn't produce the droning.

The droning sounds like an exhaust resonance but NOT a loose heat shield. I have not brought it in to the dealer yet. I am almost sure that this didn't happened when I first got the car. Thanks for any reposes.

I just posted this recently. This fixed the rattle for me, really easy, no need to remove battery. Same flange nut as battery hold down bracket flange nuts, u have to order the nut from the dealer because literally no hardware store has this odd size.
Rattle.jpg

helbigtw,

Thanks for your post. I did actually see the original post you put up but my issue is more related to a "moaning/droning" noise at certain RPMs. It's definitely not a rattle as this TSB is alluding to. I will let the dealer know at my next oil change and post back.

I just wanted to add to this post and see if others have had success. My 2011GT AWD has only 3700 miles and I recently noticed a constant "droning" when the car is either cruising with the accelerator lightly pressed or going slightly up hill between 35-40mph. It's either in 4th or 5th gear and the RPMs are between 1250 to 1750 RPMs. I can actually feel the droning slightly in the accelerator and the floor. Throwing the car into Neutral and revving the engine doesn't produce the droning.

The droning sounds like an exhaust resonance but NOT a loose heat shield. I have not brought it in to the dealer yet. I am almost sure that this didn't happened when I first got the car. Thanks for any reposes.

I have 4000 miles on mine and recently when the vehicle shifts from 3rd to 4th and the rpms fall to 1750 the exhaust kinda resonates and rattles like a lawn mower or weed trimmer. If I climb a hill around 25 mph at that rpm it continues until the engine rpm is more than 2000 rpms. My four year old exclaimed one day that it sounded like a lawn mower. This just started. I thought I was crazy.

Hi, we've got the same problem as well... our friend mechanic shop also brought up this issue, but when I took the car to the dealer they say nothing's wrong with it.

i have a 2012 cx9 with 4500 miles ad its doing the same thing i feel some sort of viabration rattle at around 2k rpm untill the car is warm. It feels like engine mounts are giving viabration. I told my dealer when i went for an oil change and they said its normal. Its kind of anoying.

Back