Hissing noise. Can't find the source *vid*

Jo060

:
I've had this hissing noise going on since I've had the car. I haven't had time to test for any leaks. It's very hard to tell where it's coming from but seems as though it's in the area of the BPV to the intake mani. I don't think it's the CAI, it doesn't sound like it's coming from that area.
Maybe this video will help?
http://youtu.be/JXRZ9D1vix0

Last edited:
Tried watching your video to see if it was similar to what I was seeing from my car.... but it wouldnt load... Maybe put it up on youtube???

I wouldn't have thought of that.
It's probably time for the PCV to be changed anyway. Do you guys suggest just an OEM replacement or millennia?

I don't own a MSP, but for what the cost difference would probably be, I say OEM. Make sure you check the hose and the valve itself.

Hissing from my car sounds to be coming from the other side of then engine from yours. Anyone have any ideas on that?

Easiest way to find leaks is a smoke machine.... a boost leak tester would work as well and use soapy water to spray around looking for leaks in the form of bubbles...

Hissing from my car sounds to be coming from the other side of then engine from yours. Anyone have any ideas on that?

injector leak more then likely... just do aboost leak test.

Those smoke machines are pretty neat. The shop by me wants $80 to test. That's absurd.
I have pretty powerful fog machine at home. I wonder if I could use that?

Those smoke machines are pretty neat. The shop by me wants $80 to test. That's absurd.
I have pretty powerful fog machine at home. I wonder if I could use that?

i doubt the fog machine would put the system under any presure at all but worth a shot.. i wounder if you coudl get your air compressor to inhale the fog/air and use a boost leak tester... ghetto smoke machine?

Back