2007 Mazda CX-9 Factory Car Alarm goes off randomly? Please Help.

Hampton

:
2007 CX9
Our Mazda Alarm goes off on it's own randomly and sporadically in two minute spurts usually for 30 minutes. There is no discernable pattern as to why this happens. It seems to occur more frequently in wet weather conditions, but not always. Also the doors do not always respond correctly to the touch system entry. When we exit sometimes it will lock other times we will have to actually press the keyfob. We have had it in to the dealer 3 times and they have tried a variety of things including replacing the main controls, but nothing has worked.

Has anyone experienced similar problems, and if so how was it resolved?

Thank you so much for any assistance.

Electronic gremlins can be hard to track down.
I would start by disconnecting the alarm.
All the rest of problems seem to be related to the same cause.

So called "factory alarm" is misleading.
Most accessories are installed at the port of entry.
They mess things up from times to times.
Poor grounding, insulation peels off causing short, etc.
Maybe the battery is going out (low voltage) or loose connectors.

I had this problem with another vehicle. Turned out the sensor was set too high, and the wind, and other passing vehicles could set it off.

I had this problem with another vehicle. Turned out the sensor was set too high, and the wind, and other passing vehicles could set it off.

But he also has other issues also....
I am guessing the alarm system might be shorting to the ground, causing other electronics to behave strangely.

Try a different dealership?

Back in the day I had a 1998 Acura CL where the factory alarm was randomly going off after it was a few years old. I purchasing the wiring diagram for the vehicle and started looking at the inputs to the alarm one by one. I eventually found out it was the sensor for the opening of the hood - disconnected it and it was fine.

Back