Drive side door keyless entry not working

d2r

:
2003 Mazda Protege
Hey guys just found out I had this problem today when I try to you my key less entry my door would not unlocked or lock it doesn't no move up or down but I can hear the motor working but when I use my key the lock would move up and down and I can hear the motor working I think my lock is off track has anymore here had this problem any one here know how to fix it or have any picture of what I should do I kinda late and dark right now so I'm wake up early tomorrow in the morning and take my door apart and try to find out what wrong with it please let me know if you guys know how to fix this problem thanks

Here where the sound is coming from when I try to use my key less entry it the lock actuator I would have to manual lock and unlock my door.

So, the door lock actuator is actually working, but not unlocking/locking? Is that what you're saying? If so, then it's a linkage problem, otherwise it's the actuator. My driver door lock actuator isn't working.

You can hear the actuator working put it not moving the linkage up and down I would have to manual use my key to lock/unlock my car.

Last edited:
I just replaced both of my front actuators, for the same problem your describing. I was actually surprised how cheap they were at the dealer... around $60.

Bought a window regulator for only $90. I expected to get raped since I was told it's a dealer only part from Autozone and every other part store I called.

Yeah I call my dealer and they 72 dollar for it I see if I can find a junk yard I'm hoping it the actuator and not the linkage

The parts aren't dealer only. Borg-Warner (O'Reilly/Advance/Federated) makes the DLA and Dorman makes the regulator.

Back