I appreciate the same instructions.
Last edited by Alopina; 08-04-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Forgot email
Hi,my boy just kicked the vent and it fell into the duct too. Please someone email me the pdf on how to get it out. I tried to use metal wires to hook it out but failed to get anything out. Email email@example.com
My son kicked in the vent on my rear console. Can you send me instructions to take it apart. Also how do I reorder a replacement? Can I just order the fan grill?
Guys I just did this today and it couldn't be easier. You don't need any manual or anything, it's a piece of cake,
1. A headlamp or flashlight
2. A philips screwdriver
3. The center console rear panel assembly with new vents. It does not include the HVAC controls or anything though. Can be bought from Mazda dealer easily.
Step by step instructions:
1. Put on the headlamp and hop in the driver seat
2. Open the armrest doors and locate the top edge of rear panel assembly.
3. Grasp it firmly and pull back toward the rear seats. You will note by looking at the replacement panel that it simply snaps on the back of the console.
4. It should pop off no problem. Look down inside and disconnect the wiring harness at the connector ( white ) there's a small clip at the top squeeze down with your nail or a screwdriver and remove it.
5. Swap the HVAC panel and duct from the old panel on to the new one by removing the Philips screws that hold everything on. They are all the same size and thread. Don't over tighten them.
6. Installation is simple - connect the wiring harness and snap the panel back on the console.
I did take a minute leave the panel off the back of the console and run the HVAC system so I could inspect inside for any debris, or the missing vent. There's a door that drops down to control airflow out of the rear. Turn up the fan all the way and it will drop down fully. I didn't find anything inside mine except a gardetto chip. I did not eat it.
The whole repair took me 15 minutes - piece of cake.
Hope this helps somebody else. If you have a brain and can use a screwdriver this is EASY.