Car won't start, only clicking (near glove box)

HKPRO5

:
Supercharged Protege5
So I moved my car into the driveway, installed my Wideband, plugged the gauge in. Went to start, only clicking from the glove box area. It wasnt 15 mins prior that the car was running.

Things That I have tired (after searching)
1. Battery has 12.3v
2.All the gauges, headlights, Accessory's light up.
3.Checked the Fuses they all seem good.
4.Checked battery connections, all good. (tight and clean)
5.Tried jumpstarting, no dice
6.Tried kick starting, no dice.

I dont know what to do. Im stuck at work right now, my shift ends in 2 hours.... HELP!

This problem is likely to come back. It seems to be fairly common. Here is a good thread on it: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123756089-Starter-problem-Help!
In short, it should just be a bad connection at the starter. You can reach the started w/ a screw driver and from underneath the car below the engine, and use the screw driver to bridge the electric gaps to crank it (make sure the key is out of ignition).
A mechanic would say "hey, look sliek you need a new starter", he would replace it, and it would all work, but it could have been fixed just be loosening and reapplying the contacts at the start. This gets rid of the rust/etc.

I went through something like this 2 weeks ago and even ordered a starter which I ended up not needing. 8 months ago I rebuilt my tranny and apparently didn't tighten the ground to the solenoid and the nut was missing and the terminal on the solenoid was just dangling there. Crazy maybe you're lucky like I was and it's something silly.

Just to add my same experience that I never fully solved. I had the exact same issue on and off for months even replaced the battery and connectors on battery and starter ended up being the alarm box was loose and some how wouldn't let it start you may have the same issue or just bad connection but as a last resort next time just jiggle the box if all else fails

mine gets a little flakey sometimes where you need to start it in neutral. - don't laugh, it's an auto - The dash lights up but just no action when you turn the key in park. Seems to only happen when the car is hot. bizzarro.

I've had the same issue for a few months now. Similar to what everyone else is saying, but when a car has mysterious problem, there's usually more than one symptom. One thing I've noticed that sometimes when I put the car in park, the "P" on the instrument cluster doesn't light up. Mechanically, the car is in park, because it wont move, but the car's computer may not recognize the car as being in "Park". As such, the computer will not allow the car to be turned on.

Last night this happened again, and I tried to fiddle with the brand new battery that's in the car, which is about 2 months old, and it still would not attempt to start. Then i remember the "P" problem and I pushed the shift knob forward into park again, and the car started right up.

Give this a shot the next time you have this problem. I'm not sure that it's the answer to the problem, but it makes sense.

In all honesty, each case could be a little different.

... Mechanically, the car is in park, because it wont move, but the car's computer may not recognize the car as being in "Park". As such, the computer will not allow the car to be turned on.

Sounds like your TR switch (trans axle range switch) is failing or out of adjustment....

Back