Navigation Unit Ebay?

"No one else have the monitor"
"This unit come with map for the GPS system"
"This unit come with a beautiful interface"

When an ebay listing has horrible grammar, it usually means STAY AWAY.

"This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available."

Haha, the Stig is right...

Actually, 99% of such units are shipped from China. I think that's the reason of bad grammar. If you check other forums, those units are not bad at all. For example, the Mazda 3 forum has a lot of good reviews on those. The quality is so so, but with the low price range ($200-600), I think I will give it a try. If things go ugly, eBay/Paypal is pretty safe for buyers, right?

the listing is still there... ebay just does not allow hot linking anymore for some reason. (type in the item# manually in ebay search to find the listing)

Actually they also have a site;

http://www.ottonavi.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_44&products_id=102

This is an aftermarket unit, which allows video in motion simultaneously with NAV. Apparently it is some kinda aftermarket unit that is set up to be compatible with the wiring harness of non-Nav equipped CX-9. dunno if I would experiment with this as it is not compatible with factory Sirius, which I Just had installed. For that matter I dunno if the Factory NaV is compatible with the Sirius Units That I have installed from Mazda? Now if I did not have Factory Sirius installed, I might be tempted to give if a try.

Last edited:
Update, they are working on a version that can handle factory Sirius. So it maybe interesting to see how that might work at the pricing they are talking (<$520)

Last edited:
Reading the post I feel like I am at a Chinese place...aw fried rice too? I'm wondering what the sound quality is like compared to the BOSE system...non nav...

I noticed it only has 4 channels. Not sure if the CX-9 has a pre-amp past the head unit to send to all 9 speakers and sub or if the CX-9 Bose head unit has 9 channels + sub.

Is this unit a direct plug and play. Will all of the vehicles wiring harnesses plug into the radio? How about the clock overhead. Will this radio be able to adjust the time. If you can retain all of the features of the original radio as well then the price is really good.

Almost forgot. How easy is it to remove the factory radio. Has anyone here done it already. If so would they be able to provide me with instructions on removal of the factory radio. Do you have to disconnect the batter when removing the radio. I would like to see how many plugs the factory radio has. I was comparing it with the pictures on ebay. They have more than one seller listing this nav unit. One of the sellers is from california. His shipping would only take about 5 days. I also noticed that they have a plug in the back for the gps antenna. Where would one get that part and how much more would it cost?

have you all seen the power akoustik or soundstream line, i would go with these before i go with what you are looking at in ebay or get a pioneer avh 3300BT if you only want to spend less than $500 and get the right harnesses

Do you have a link for these two systems. Also do you retain the clock, steering wheel controls and other functions of the factory stereo with these two brands.

I actually do have this unit installed.
Since the seller is in California there is tech support available. I had to replace the original unit due to GPS driver issue. Replacement unit came quick.

Factory radio removal is easy. (less than 10 mins)
This unit is direct plug to exisiting connector. But no controls for the clock and information.
When unit is connected it displays "NAVIGATIOn SYSTEM" on dash display.

Navigation is IGo8 which is not too bad. IPOD, Bluetooth, Rear camera input, DVD, SD Card, USB all there.
Overall it is not too bad. Factory look.

I would recommend for factory look with OK features.
If looking for bettter user interface and quality, go for brand name unit.

Thanks

Would you be able to provide instructions on how to remove the dash piece to get to the radio. I am sure that once that dash piece is removed you can see the screws holding the radio in .

Would you be able to provide instructions on how to remove the dash piece to get to the radio. I am sure that once that dash piece is removed you can see the screws holding the radio in .

You can use section: vehical parts removal section from this procedure.
It is really 10 mintue job.

Thansk

Attachments

• Ipod_Integration_Module_CX9[1].pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 218
I've been corresponding in pms with jonyi about this and missed these updates.

The installation looks very straightforward.

He's going to test out the Bluetooth for us and report back (again, thanks much!!). My question isnon function and steering wheel control. The stock Bluetooth system for phone calls is quite well done from a call quality and mic quality. I wonder how this system is.

If only there were something that could control the info part of the display (or allow you to lock the miles to empty number or something. ). Controlling the clock is secondary, and most of these double din units have a clock. Just don't show me 2 times that are different!!

Looking forward to more research.

On the sound stream units, they're universal. Not as good fit in the dash, and no steering wheel controls that I can see.

Does anyone have an aftermarket unit that has steering wheel control integration?

Oh, and gps, camera input, all the DVD and audio bells and whistles, and Bluetooth external mic, and makes a mean shot of espresso? :)

So I was also looking at this unit and was curious to see if any testing was done regarding the steering wheel controls? This seems like a good bang for the buck unit.

Let us know

Thanks

Back