245/40-18 tire on RX-8 rims with stock suspension...yes I "Searched" !

fasteract

:
2008 MS3 GT
Has someone put a 245/40-18 tire on an RX-8 rim on their MS3 (mine is a '08) and gotten away without rubbing with no load in the back and without fender rolling, stock height...rubbed only on the back..front..both? Your experience/reply much appreciated.

I ran Kumho SPT's in 245/40's on RX-8 wheels at stock height. I never rubbed in the front but my rear fenders are rolled, so I didn't run. With people riding in the rear seats, if you hit a dip or bump going decently fast, you'll must likely rub. Just get the rears rolled.

just curious WHY do you want to go with 245? 235 is more then sufficient....

Probably looks. Its one of the better fit wheels on the RX8. It evens out the sidewalls properly, and provides a better footprint. Really the RX8 should have come stock that size tire, and yes I know this is the 3 we are talking about.

I ran 235/40's, they were okay. I like the meaty tire look and 245/40's on the RX-8 wheels looks best IMHO. Plus, tires are still cheaper than the stock tire size depending on which tires you go with.

Well I understand your getting them for cheap but you might be asking for more issues then the prices is worth, just my .02

I run 235 on RX-8's and I rub. It's rare, but I rub.

i run 235s on rx8 with 5mm spacers in the rear and i had to roll. no spacer = no rub. i am lowered also. you should be fine on stock suspension with a minor roll. realize that acceleration will be slower depending on the tire weight, rolling resistance, ...

i have 245/40/18 on +46 18x8. 08 speed3. going to drop it with h&r springs; everything should tuck with that offset

Even 235/40 is a tad wider than optimal for the 8" wide RX8 rim. I would only run the 245 with a 45 ratio sidewall and that's a bit much for the MS3, especially lowered. You'd need a roll front and back.
So far my 235/40 on RX8's don't rub... ever. I'm on stock susp.

Back