ECU programming

larson701

:
2015 Mazda3i, Tech pkg, manual
I have a 2002 Protege5, 2L, automatic. I have never been impressed with the fuel economy of this vehicle or of any of the Mazdas that we have owned. My motivation for this request is my daughter's 2006 Subaru Impreza. I monitor an Impreza site to see what is going on and have been impressed with the ability to modify the ECU's programming with relatively inexpensive tools. Basically, there is an 'open source reflash' that utilizes a cable and inexpensive software to monitor and modify the ECU's programming. The only similar modification that I have seen for the Mazda's requires a piggyback ECU and/or taking the car to a franchised tuner, neither of which is attractive. I have seen hints that other makes can utilize 'open source reflashes' but have not done much research.

Is anyone aware of 'open source reflash' for Mazdas?

only flash ideal for N/A is the MP3 reflash. it requires 91 octane and adjusts the fuel/timing curves. other than that there is the MSP flash for turbo or piggyback/standalone

only flash ideal for N/A is the MP3 reflash. it requires 91 octane and adjusts the fuel/timing curves. other than that there is the MSP flash for turbo or piggyback/standalone

Can you do the MP3 flash on a P5 with an auto tranny?

nope it only works with manual.

the car would run i believe but the ecu would never shift a gear with an auto.

so in his case no there is no flashes or anything like that available

I am aware of the MP3 flash. I consider that to be 'canned' solution that does not have the flexibility that I am looking for.

Back