SPEED6 REAR WHEEL BEARINGS AND WHEEL HUB no pics yet

MATX

:
MS6
Speed6 rear wheel bearings and wheel hub

ok posted pics I took (First write up so it may suck lol. steps may be confusing also)

REAR WHEEL HUB AND BEARINGS

GET YOUR PARTS BEFORE YOUR START AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!!

First off things you will need:

you will have to take off the whole Knuckel
A Press to get the bearing and hub in and out.
Jacks/ Jackstands
3/8 32mm SOCKET
17mm socket
14mm socket
Hammer
screwdriver
Extra car to go to the Brakeshop lol

1 TAKE OFF YOUR WHEEL
1.5 take out 32mm Nut on center of hub with e-brake on!

2 REMOVE BRAKE/CAILAPERS

attachment.php

3 REMOVE SPEED SENSOR, I put screwdriver under boot and pulled it off. make sure to unbolt bracket.

attachment.php

4 *** MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A JACK OR JACK STAND UNDER SPRING ARM *** IF YOU DONT IT COULD KILL YOUR DUMBASS!

attachment.php

6 TAKE OFF ROTOR (two screws then hit it with a mallet or somthing)

7 UNBOLT STRUT LOWER BOLT (use a small jack to get the tension off the bolt)

attachment.php

8 UNBOLT UPPER ARM
** MAKE SURE YOU DONT MIX UP BOLTS AND NUTS THEY ARE NOT THE SAME**

attachment.php

9 UNBOLT THE LOWER SPRING TOWER (small jack here also) (SRY NO PIC)

10 UNBOLT THE FOUR BOLTS HOLDING IT ON

attachment.php

ONCE YOU HAVE THE WHOLE KNUCKEL OFF YOU HAVE TO BRING IT TO A BRAKE SHOP (CALL AND SEE IF THEY WILL DO IT FIRST) MOST CHARGE 50-60 BUCKS TO PRESS OUT THE OLD ONES AND PUT NEW ONES IN.

PUTTING BACK IN THE KNUCKEL Line up the Four bolts on the front side & the spring arm first, get someone to help makes it alot easier to do.

Last edited:
This looks much easier here than in the Workshop manual. Thanks for the write up!

What were you experiencing to make you change out the wheel bearings? Mods/Mileage?

I slid into curb,(Ice) after that sounded like a bearing humming so I changed it out and the hub you dont really need to tho the bearing itself is only ~50 bucks, no more noise. its easy, just a MAJOR pain in the ass to find the right parts.

The threads don't vanish. You're only looking at the ones from the last 30 days. Expand the date range, and you'll see them.

no this is the Wrong one Go to NAPA only place you will find it around 40-60 bucks dealer is more like 180

Back