Front Right Suspension Knock

SteelWarrior

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey Hey

I call apon the MSP gurus to answer what could be a very simple question for someone who is familiar with the car more then me.

The other night I was driving and I started to notice a slight pull in the steering wheel every 30 seconds or so. would jerk to the side without actually moving the car in that direction then immediately fix itself. At first i didn't pay much attention to it because the snow is melting here and its leaving all kinds of odd shaped ice patches/bumps/massive potholes on the road so its pretty common to have weird steering through the melting phase. At the end of the night it started to get worst, knew it wasnt the road conditions. I hoisted the car and checked for play in the tie rods, pretty confident those arent the problem. When i drive now you can hear a very loud knocking sound in the front right end of the car. My dad was looking under the hood while i coasted the car down the street at like 2 kph and he said it sounded like it was coming from the backwards part of the wheel well

Ideas? lol. My alignment is a tad off but other then that.....

Got it parked atm. Any advise would be great

TY

rofl

so i figured out the problem

turns out when i went to put my donut back into my trunk last time i got it mixed up with one from my parents car that was also in the garage (they use a full size spare now), well turns out the donut was hitting the caliper. lawl

just need new tires and im good to go. Might as well get the suspension checked when i go for my alignment tho lol

Back