Phen's 2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5 GT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably go thru fewer tires with less torque... Hahaha.

But if I really want torque, I just got that 3.0L I6 sitting in the driveway. It has torques.

I'd probably go thru fewer tires with less torque... Hahaha.

But if I really want torque, I just got that 3.0L I6 sitting in the driveway. It has torques.

I dunno..... the S2000 has an appetite for tires.... and oil.... and gas... and convertible tops. Ya know what, nevermind. You're probably better off cost-wise. (rlaugh)

i need to get some pics of it next to the Bavaria. Talk about two polar opposites!

ok. UPDATE!

The 17's are back on with new rubber and a new color.

Tires: Falken Azenis RT-615k - 215/40-17

Downside: 3 of my wheels are bent, so I'm on the hunt for new wheels.

5651634799_8f69ec6f07_b.jpg

Yeah... ****** bird s*** on it while I was taking the 16's off Saturday morning before driving to the tire shop. I was too lazy to clean it right then.

Once I get the spark issue figured out, I'll take you for a ride man. It's... a little nutty at times... like when I'm doing 70 down 71 heading to Columbus when it's a little damp and the back tires break loose when i accelerate in 5th gear. That s*** will wake you up in a hurry.

Hellz yea! I'd love a ride! (the car of course)

I've worked on a few Miata's over the years, even took one out on a "test drive" after putting a new dash in it. Hey, had to "check" it for rattles...hehehe I did another one that was all SCCA'd out. Maroon one with a bunch of mods.

subbing to a future roommate's build... About to be a mazdafest at that house here very soon!

Heh.. Next post may be the story about me lighting it on fire. We'll see.

I still have this issue at 7-8 psi. What I really need to do is do a datalog when that crap happens, but I never remember to. That will probably tell the whole story.

Thanks man. I just hope I can get it figured out soon. However, babying it and getting 30 mpg isn't always bad either...

What are you doing with your turbo from the MSP when you go back to stock?

I'm not going back to stock just going back to stock turbo. Im on the list for a 505 intake mani then I'm pretty much done. Just j&s and meth and my build will be done. I'm excited. 14psi on stock turbo!!!

Word. Let me know when you sell the turbo. I have ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back