Phen's 2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5 GT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE Phen

:
2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1
Ok, I thought I already had one of these, but apparently I don't.

Details:

2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #3693
GT Package
Flyin' Miata - Big Enchilada Package installed
Currently at 67,000 miles

When I bought it:

3491555564_53a02aa49f_z.jpg

With my buddy's Fox Body.
3596336399_48f9d1be77_z.jpg

Underhood
3493307953_44f1380013_z.jpg

Autocrossing
4128486598_afd640a934_z.jpg

Bronze wheels (soon to be painted again)
4768932370_18f4efd4e6_z.jpg

Last edited:
Now... the fun stuff...

Here's a current list of what I've recently bought for the car... and the same reason as to why I want to burn it to the ground.

Purchased:
electronic boost control solenoid
H&R Race springs
New differential bushings
Used Power Plant Frame

Why I hate the car right now:
First of all, I snapped the power plant frame in two places. I have pics... will share later. Picked up a used power plant frame. The two bolts in the diff for the power plant frame were a total PITA to loosen. 4ft pipe plus my 22" breaker bar, and even that was a struggle. I broke a socket in the process. So... now these two bolts are completely loose... they won't come out of the power plant frame. I spent almost 4 hours working with these bolts. Nada. Next solution - drop the differential and pound them out. Not necessarily a bad task in theory... but let's face it... this is an Ohio car. I'm now screwed. So yeah... I want to burn it now because I'm effing sick of silly s*** that shouldn't break, breaking.

Current update. Yeah... I've gotten nothing more accomplished. Hopefully that changes this week.

Ok... update from the last two days.

Rear H&R springs are mounted and ready to be reinstalled on the car. They so pretty.
Rear endlinks were cut off... big surprise there. New ones ordered.
Passenger side axle removed from the hub. Still needs to be removed from the diff.
Drivers side axle won't budge. Damn near broke an axle puller machine trying to push it thru. A couple good whacks with the BFH didn't help either.

New parts to be ordered:
Hawk HP+ rear pads
Racing Brake rear rotors (to match the front's hardware)
Tires. Still debating on these, but I'm leaning towards Dunlop Direzza Star Specs.

Hell, I still need to get the pictures up. I'll work on that...

Hey Phen, Ouch that's a list. Hope you get it running on the road soon.

I have the Dunlop Direzzas, love them.

Hahaha. I'll post them up now. I'm home and I have a few minutes.

To update though... My dad and uncle came over yesterday to help with it. Power plant frame has successfully been swapped. All that's left now are the front springs, boost controller, endlinks, and rear brakes.

Car is put back together! Drove it to work today.

H&R Springs - Done
Power plant frame - Done

I still have to do motor mounts and the boost controller, but those were the least of my worries.

Put my 16x7" 5Zigens from my Civic on it for the time being. I'll get some pics.

Phen, if your car continues to piss you off, sell it and come to the dark side and buy an S2000. (peep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back