Lowering Spring Help !

Iamlegennd

:
07 Mazdaspeed 3
I need help , i have an 08 mazda 3 hatch
and i had it for about 4 months from the dealer,
i recently bought some meagan racing lowering springs and i was wondering if i were to install them would it mess up the car ? im a delivery driver so thats why i need help . or should i wait a bit more ?

thanks -

I wouldn't recommend putting them on the stock shocks. Are you still running stock shocks?

I have been told that you can run lowering springs with stock dampers but... they won't last long especially if it is a drop larger than an inch or so. As far as load handling you should have no problem, lowering springs also have a higher spring rate so no squatting.

I have been told that you can run lowering springs with stock dampers but... they won't last long especially if it is a drop larger than an inch or so. As far as load handling you should have no problem, lowering springs also have a higher spring rate so no squatting.

Yeah the drop is about and inch and a half, so is it safe to drop on stock shocks and all that ?

I would think that you would be okay for a while, but they will blow out prematurely.

All struts are going to go out eventually there is no way to prevent that. The stock ones are designed to be mated with the stock springs. You are fine to drop it on the stock struts if they aren't blown.

All struts are going to go out eventually there is no way to prevent that. The stock ones are designed to be mated with the stock springs. You are fine to drop it on the stock struts if they aren't blown.

Yeah everything on my car is fine, and thanks man for the help :)

Back