P0401 code

b e z

:
2009 black mica speed 3
My ultragauge went off this morning while driving and gave me this code. I know it has to do with the egr valve, so my question is should i take it to the dealer since there is only 28,000 miles on the car or mess with it myself. I think my prelude had this problem and i used seafoam and it went away. Any other ideas as to deal with this.

i had that code and after 152k miles i figure it was time to change out the valve, installed the canadian version with cooling hoses sat...stupid cel p0401 is back....i'm wondering if my manifold is leaking if that would cause this as well?

Depending on mods, just bring it to the dealer unless you have to worry about going back to stock. Lots of guys have removed the egr all together.

haha....i haven't been back to the dealer in 9 yrs....car is modded to the max....i think i may have installed the egr gasket upside down and now it's leaking....

Bez take it to the dealer and get it replaced while it's under warranty...that damn thing is BANK!! something like $450+ just for the part.

Well i would take it back to the dealer but i never had a check engine light. I turned that off on my ultragauge and now it never comes back on so i cant figure out how to get it back. The code is also not a pending trouble code on my ultragauge so i will seafoam it this weekend and if it comes back soon then take it in. Thanks for the responses tho.

Back