949 Racing 15 x 7" wheels + RE-11's installed.

Yep yep. That's me. I own the MSM with 949's. Awesome rims if I do say so myself.

They look badass on your MZ2! (Needs some, but that is almost Mazda specific.)

Just an idea... If you get froggy and bored, I'd look into painting the fog light trim area a flat black to match the grill. I think it would make the grill flow better to the wheels on the rim.

'd look into painting the fog light trim area a flat black to match the grill.
he he...actually the fog trim is black from the factory, I painted them body color to clean up the busy front "happy face" scheme. (personal taste I guess)

FWIW, I weighed the stock 15 factory wheel with Yoko S34F - 30 lbs. 16UL with (heavy) Bridgestone RE-11's - 36 lbs

breakdown: 15X7 Factory wheel - 14#, 185/55-15 Yoko - 16# 15X7 16UL - 12#, 205/50-15 RE-11 - 24#

I was poking around under my new car this weekend and couldn't resist the temptation to stuff my 15x9s and 275/35R15 Hoosiers from the Miata under the Deuce.

Mazda2-diy-mazdaspeed-day-one.jpg

Mazda-2-with-949-hoosiers-HDR-front-1.jpg

Untitled_HDR2-1.jpg

They sorta fit. Needs more room on the backside, but not much; I might even get away with a wheel spacer but I think 275s are overkill for this little car. (headshake

I think the 2012 rule proposal for the ST class is going to create the best fit for the Mazda2 in terms of autocrossing. Elfhearse has a pretty ideal setup, but I may try to squeeze 225/45R15 under mine. Street Touring allows for a lot more flexibility in terms of tire and wheel choice.

Last edited:
We have 15x7 and 15x9 pics in this thread. I'd love to see some 15x8 from these same angles!

hows the alignment on the car
Seems to be OK...I thought the inside fronts were wearing a bit more....but not significant. I'd like to put some different shocks on...IF KONI would bring out some SPORTS for the Mazda2/Fiesta.....

So would 15x8 be viable or is that just too wide?

I was thinking of going with the 15x8 6UL Bronze with a 225/45/R15, does that sound viable

Last edited:
I put on my miata street rims/tires.
15x8 6UL with 205/50/15 RE11s.

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

Then took it to an scca test n tune and proceeded to whoop some butt. I wanted to put my 275's with the 15x9's as well, but afraid about smashing the tire into the fender.. heh

Thanks guys! No rubbing what so ever, its a PERFECT fit. Not lowered, all stock otherwise... I'm looking into a coilover kit to get rid of the 4x4 height and then I'll let you guys know if there is a need for fender rolling or liner triming.

Back