Door Handle Assembly - Broken Smart Key Door Button

You just have to take the trim off from inside.
After that, it should be obvious.

Bumparker, thanks for the writeup! If my button ever fails, I think I will also replace the door check(s) as well while having the door taken apart. Both my front doors make a slight scraping noise now when opening/closing.... putting some thick grease helps, for a short time.

Just did it on my wife's 2008, a lot of screws,but if you tape the window up no need to remove the glass. Take your time was not that difficult.

Hello all.

The link to purchase the part needed no longer works. Could someone please just tell me the Mazda part number so I can order it, or post a new link to the part?

Thanks so much,

Jonathan

I 99% thought I submitted a post in this thread. But looking at it, I guess not.

I had the button issue like the rest of you. What I did is tightly wrap a thin strip of electrical tape around the plunger portion so it was thick enough to have enough resistance not to fall out, but not so thick that it keeps you from being able to press the button and have the switch inside push it back into position.

I imagine with the rubber seal gone that moisture could get in there - but at worst it will just ruin the electrical portion of the button which would need to be replaced anyway if I opened the door to fix this. My fix has lasted 6 months so far without incident.

Of course, if the entire button is missing this won't work....

Work shop Manual, for replacing the rubber button on the door handle

Try waynemazda.com (best price w/o S&H) or mazdaparts.org (free S&H >$100).
If you are sure the assembly is broken, replacing it should not be complicated.
Remove the door trim (unscrew a couple screws, and pull the trim toward you starting from bottom edge)
is easy. You should see what to do after the trim is removed.
Make sure you raise the window glass first.

Send me a PM with an e-mail address.
I will send you a couple pages from WorkShop manual if you really worry about the trim removal process.

MY email address is thenry662@gmail.com, If I could see the workshop manual

I just did this on a 2007 CX-9. I* followed bumparker's instructions to start and then did the following:

1. Got door panel removal video off youtube.
2. Removed all the 10mm bolts off the inner door panel.
3. Before removing the speaker and door motor to remove the inner door panel, I tried prying the edge closest to the outside door handle out.
4. Pried the inner door panel out and wedged a wide roll of tape I used to tape up the window between the panel and door to keep it open. There was enough room to get my forearm into the door.
5. You can use a 10mm socket and long extension through the new opening to take out one of the door handle screws. You can see the screws from the top looking down through the window opening.
6. Push the boot for the old wiring in and you can insert your 10mm socket and extension through that hole to get the second bolt out. Careful not to drop the screw in the door.
7. Removed the clip that folds the door latch pushbar on the back of the handle with a flat screw drive through the large opening between the inner door panel and door.
8. Go around front and remove the door handle. I just cut the old wire so I could remove it.
9. there is a clip in the door that holds the old wire. I had to stick my hand through the large opening and find it.
10. You will have to move the door lock mechanism to get the new wire through.

It should be apparent from there how to get it back together.

Ran across this same problem as everyone else. This seems to be a common problem with these keyless entry buttons. Currently working the repair as im replying to this thread so anyone else will have a much easier time doing the repair. This is the part number as stated above TD13-59-4B1.. It is actually a lot cheaper to get at the dealership vs online. Went here http://onlinemazdaparts.com but after shipping it cost more so I went to local dealer and they had one in stock. 40.00 + tax. Everything is easy, 1 if you have the right tools and 2 if you know how to be patient.. Found a youtube video along with a step by step guide for anyone else who runs across this problem again.. Fyi the screws holding the keyless switch in place are very very small and can easily be stripped so be for warned have something from a glasses case repair kit is small enough to get those screws out

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Mazda-CX-9-Front-Door-Panel-Removal-Guide/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBJONnYQx3A

P.S. Both guides are also good for speaker removal and window regulator. Once you are in it all can be done at once.

I replaced mine last summer. It was time consuming as you want to make sure you picture and video each disassembly. I did not take the glass out. There was a post showing using masking tape to hold the glass up. I had no issues doing that. It took a couple hours, but it works like new now. And I was really careful to make sure I saw what it looked like before.

Back