Stagg SHS struts

I bought them and installed them awhile ago. The rears are perfect - not too harsh, but stiff enough to provide some decent handling.

I blew the fronts on a construction road some time ago - went airborn after hitting a 8" high manhole. Called the city, and they said "...good luck".

Well glad to hear some people have had great success with these struts. I just bought the Megans and the Tokico Blue's. Set me Back $475.63 Shipped. I could have saved a bit more but I wanted Tokico blue's anyways.

Edit...... Both are out of stock where I wanted them LOL. I believe I will be going with this set up for now.

Stagg plus Megan or Tein-S.

Last edited:
So far so good but I only have about 3K miles on them. They feel really good with my Tein S Tech's. Not complaining one bit at all.

I'm still riding strong on them - same rears originally installed months ago, and new fronts (after my construction-road off-road affair...). She's on rails still.

I bought a set of Staggs and H & R's, getting finished today. I'll keep you guys updated on how they feel and how they hold up. I plan on running these for a couple years so we'll see how they hold up!

i put these on with s-techs back in june and have got zero complaints so far. ride is real nice, not harsh at all. i do mostly highway driving on smooth roads though so only time will tell how well they keep doing

So would these work with MSP springs on a P5? No, right? My blues are getting sloppy, and I'd like to keep the springs.

haha. i have a set of stagg too my friend gave me for free with a set of matrix coilovers sleeves. i cant decide yet if to lower my car this way! so far with the updates ppl have no complaint but im wondering how they will work with the matrix coilovers sleeves. I got them for free anyways!

Any ideas how these would roll with some eibach sportlines?
I would go for Megan's if the spring rate wasn't so damn high

I blew the fronts due to low springrates and too much weight in the front of the car (my mistake - not the struts). The rears were unchanged through it all though - and I rode on them for a good amount of time before changing them out for coilovers.

I still recommend them. For the price and the experience I've had with them thus far - they were more than ample for my needs.

I just encountered my first problem with my Staggs after about 4-6 months (I forget how long). I have an MSP rear sway bar with clunk fix brackets and Moog end links, and one of the end link mounting brackets snapped off of one of my rear struts. Does anybody have experience making warranty claims?

Quick update: though I couldn't get Stagg on the phone, I contacted the ebay seller and they are sending me a new shock. I didn't even have to return the old one first. These things just keep proving their value.

Dang, I wish I could still find them! They just took them off the market a couple weeks ago! I can't find them anywhere!

Back