Stagg SHS struts

yea i lowered it about 2in all the way around and it rides smooth no clunk noise or anything unlike when i had lowered on coilovers with stock hp the front would all ways bottom out

can you post pics of how low the car is?! PLZ
haha

Ive been debating on Tokico Blues + Megan Springs, but this might steal the show

but a more important question, do they handle and perform as well as the tokicos? can you really push them and still get the same control in return, with no problems?

here is their Warranty:

STAGG Shocks will warrant any of its gas pressurized shocks & struts against any manufacturers defects in workmanship and/or materials.

If at any time our gas pressurized shocks or struts fail due to the above mentioned defects we will replace or repair the shock or strut in question. This warranty only applies to the original purchaser and for as long as the original purchaser own the car.

There are only a few exceptions to our warranty and they are listed below.
- Improper installation.
- Installation onto a vehicle in which the shock or strut is not intended.
- Racing, driving competition or offroad use.
- Broken, scarred, scratched or abused piston rods showing improper installation, abuse or abnormal wear.
- Installation on excessively lowered vehicles.
- Shocks or Struts that have been modified and altered.
- Accident with the vehicle in which shocks or strut has been installed.

STAGG Shocks warranty liability is limited to replacement of the shock absorber. Mounting hardware and labor charges are not covered by the warranty.

So, wouldn't using Megans Void the Warranty? Since they're said to drop to almost 2" ? Just sayin...

Last edited:
Hmm well idk now..financially i would try these w megans and call it a day

But in the long run tokicos will be the smarter deal.. its just financially i should wait a bit (but i have very little patience) lol

ok so its been awhile since i have updated on these struts and ppl that keep asking me questions about performance. I personally have to say that these struts perform excellent around turns, sharp turns, u turns, high speeds, hard stops, pot holes and turns at very high speeds i mean i have done pretty much everything to push them to the limit. if my warrant is void by lowering the car then there description on there ebay site is wrong, it actually says works on lowered cars and oem cars which is the reason for buying them.

2011-03-22081018.jpg

what springs did u say u had w the staggs?

and thanks for the updates!

looks good!

But would you say its worth getting these instead of tokico blues? (u probably dont have any exp w them though, do you?)

how long have you had them? If or when they fail please update this thread, and tell what the failure was. If a year goes by and they are still riding strong, let us know also.

if my warrant is void by lowering the car then there description on there ebay site is wrong, it actually says works on lowered cars and oem cars which is the reason for buying them.

True :

These are brand new in the box a set of 4 ( 2 front 885086- 885087 struts & 2 rear 8850588- 885089 struts) STAGG SHS high performance shocks engineered for a smooth quality ride and great handling to fit 1999 to 2003 Mazda Protege and Protege5 all models including Protege 5 models . Tired of bouncing around? Do it right . Track or Street, Feel the difference with a smoother and way better handling ride. The best parts you will ever replace on your car. Works with stock or Lowering springs. Shipping is $29.99 in Cont. USA. (To Canada $55.) to P.R, Alaska and Hawaii shipping is $67. (To W.Europe $145.) (to Australia $185.) by air with a Tracking number, we will declare a lower value. No APO, FPO, or PO BOX addresses please(**IMPORTANT** Please make sure you include your TELEPHONE number with your payment. Mandatory for international orders.)

Link^

Correspondence with Stagg confirms that they only support lowering up to 1.5 inches, guys. I take their word over the eBay reseller.

I have had them since 14 of march not long at all but yea ill keep you updated if they fail god for bid they do lol. The springs I have are megan springs I would say to go with tein since there spring rate is lower. Right now I have a little bounce on my car but I am sure the teins would work better. As for picking between tokico and shs these feel better going over holes in street and other things. I am guessing the reason there struts are low in price is to get the product out I am sure they will go up in price with in the year.

I'm curious where these struts are made. The ebay page doesn't say(Says it comes with springs that were made in Germany), and nor does their website.

Back