Stagg SHS struts

Apparently they are in the middle of their annual nationwide inventory. That is the reason, as cited by an ebay vendor, why I couldn't get them on the phone.

My issue is that I have the racing beat rear bar with clunk fix brackets, so I three-wheel a lot coming in and out of driveways. This stress is probably what did it.

I got them on eBay. If they survive the streets in Puerto Rico then trust me they're a great bang for the buck.

So far, the greatest weakness that I have encountered is the end link mounting tabs on the rear struts. The tabs on the fronts are beefy, but the rears have the mounting hole located right at the edge of the tab. Under the loads from my stiff setup, the part of the tab where the bolt hole is located ended up snapping off.

Otherwise, I think they are pretty darn decent. I already received and installed my replacement strut, and everything is back to normal. The ride is still good.

So they came in today and I am not impressed they look used and the condition said new but then again I'm not a mechanic or have any knowledge on some areas of a car like this for instance but I'm def.taking them to get looked at tom.

So they came in today and I am not impressed they look used and the condition said new but then again I'm not a mechanic or have any knowledge on some areas of a car like this for instance but I'm def.taking them to get looked at tom.

I'd check with the site or store you bought them from, new is new and used is used. Theres pictures a couple pages back, that's what new looks like, you shouldn't even have doubts. (headshake

I think i might pick a set of these up for my sportline springs and p5. im not looking for super long term reliablility. im sure the stockers blew a LONG time ago as im the second owner of a 310km car lol. its a daily with no track driving or harsh road conditions. some people have mentioned using sleeves on their springs to keep the drop within spec. does anyone make a sleeve for our strut mounts to take a little bit of drop out? or are there strut mounts with a different spring offset? ill be replacing the strut and mount in all four corners. thus the attractive price of these heh.
prob use monroe strut mounts from rockauto unless there is a reason not to. $70 per corner for anything else seems a little excessive.

Hey Valk, I know I mentioned it in the sticky'd thread but I would say go for it. Its been a week now, but I've already put about 800 miles on these struts and I'm very happy with my purchase. Especially if you're not looking for a long term solution then I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Long term would be different for everyone. I baught my msp at 83km, had it 7 years and its only 133km lol. That's only a little more than what people say to expect for longevity from these.
Even if I only get three years... takes me like 30 minutes to change it. Or ill have coilovers. Pretty slim pickings for protege struts atm and I'm sure most of em come from the same chinese factories anyway.
Not that it is even a bad thing so much anymore. You all might be pretty shocked how state of the art china's manufacturing is getting. We will be working for them someday lol.

Back