Stagg SHS struts

canadian357

:
2003 Protege5, 1987 Honda Accord Type-R(rice)
Anybody have these/heard of them/tried them? My initial reaction was to ignore them but I saw they were $200 for 4 with a lifetime warranty so I did some research. Not a whole ton of info on them, seems like mostly Maxima owners and BMW owners have them. Read some pretty good things on the Maxima forum too. I figure, $100 less than GR-2s it would be worth looking up because I'm broke as hell but my car rides like its on wooden wheels and clunks like a mofo.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/STAGG-SHS-4-STRU...el:Protege5&hash=item5d2caa8c89#ht_500wt_1060

lol gimme a month or two and i'll give em a shot. just gotta pay some things off first :/

oh and i just found their website
http://staggshocks.com/

i think i saw the same thread on the maxima forums, they were saying that they're a bit stiffer than gr-2's and the rebound is a bit better

Last edited:
just bought these struts i will let yaw knw how they are and they are made in germany and come with limited lifetime warranty so must be good struts

just bought these struts i will let yaw knw how they are and they are made in germany and come with limited lifetime warranty so must be good struts

please, dont forget to let us know,

lifetime warranty. does it tell you how you can claim the warranty if they break?

Through jdmwerks, the eBay seller, from what I understand. I think you can also call Stagg and do it through them now that they have a site.

datboibrian18, let us know when you get them. Info on fitment, ease of install, rebound and stiffness, and then wear over time would be awesome.

Wow that price was a steal! I want to see reviews now!!! If they good I'll be buying these!

I was reading on the Maxima forum as well...one of the guys said that he bought some and brought them over to a friend who works at an auto parts store. When they ran the part numbers, he said they were actually Bilstein shocks made by another arm of the company. They have some reasonably good things to say about these over on the Maxima forums...

I was reading on the Maxima forum as well...one of the guys said that he bought some and brought them over to a friend who works at an auto parts store. When they ran the part numbers, he said they were actually Bilstein shocks made by another arm of the company. They have some reasonably good things to say about these over on the Maxima forums...

can anybody confimr this??? if we got complete proof that this is for real and not just some guy talking out his ass than this strut are a steal for the price.

yea ill def get yaw some info an pics when they come in very detail info even how they were package can say alot so ill keep yaw updated they will be in friday so and from what i have read is that these struts come on mercedes back in german so who knws this might actually be a great deal

ok so the struts came in I have to say I am impressed. Not only did they package it good, it came compressed for shipping. The box was not just a blank box it was actually of there company. They also have a web site staggstruts.com. the overall ride was very smooth no problems at all, easy install. I am lowered on megan springs and they still have plenty of travel left in the struts. everything lines up just like factory struts. GREAT DEAL !!!!!

sorry i did not take a pic of how they were packed
2011-03-14155241.jpg

2011-03-14155251.jpg

2011-03-14155308.jpg

2011-03-14155329.jpg

2011-03-14181759.jpg

Man.... I would really like to get these but I think I'll play it smart and wait for some longer use reviews. At 2/3 the price of KYB GR-2s, I would think about spending a little extra to lower my car. My factory springs are definitely hurting, these Edmonton roads beat the hell out of a car.

been watching for updates - and I'm glad you posted pics of them.

I just finished picking up my new wheels/tires - and I'm going to wait to put them on until I get the struts/springs situation solved.

You, my friend, may solve it for me. I'd love to see how these struts hold up with some coilover-sleeves (I'm wanting to go about 3.5" down).

Back