motor build?

lol yeah i know... well i heard napa may have some for cheaper so im gonna give them a call tommorow. THis is the last thing i need and my assembly will start

have you done this yourself? i see people are saying that it can cause damage. I will probabley just end up buying the 1000cc over messing with the way the 440s are designed.

also i dont feel like reading all these posts so ill just ask, what exactly are your power goals? cuz i only need 565cc injectors to max out my gt28rs. what snail you goin with?

Anyone have an idea of how much boost I can run just using saafc and stock turbo? I was thinking of starting with 10-11 psi to break in the motor than maybe around 15 depending if I can get injectors and mounts intime

Just dropped the crank at the machine shop thanks to Thuzil got one on this forum for about 80$ assembly should be done in about a week and then i will pull the head to get it refreshed. Other than that should be good to go need some engine mounts though plus new mazda timing belt and water pump.

Anyone have an idea of how much boost I can run just using saafc and stock turbo? I was thinking of starting with 10-11 psi to break in the motor than maybe around 15 depending if I can get injectors and mounts intime

the ssafc cant handle more than 14psi. which conveniently is where the turbo is maxed out. after that it becomes un efficient

Lol so is it 14 or 16? Who should I trust... I'm probably gonna get a better ems soon anyway I didn't really like how the ssafc runs it didn't really seem to help much

Straight from Split seconds website "The PSC1-001 is calibrated to read throughout the vacuum region and up to 16
PSI of boost"

Aight cool and scmp3 what do you mean by unefficient? Like as in bad on gas or like blowing hot air and choking the turbo?

All this talk, somethings never change on this forum. Whats the weak link in these motors? Oil starvation and cavitation get the Doc B setup or I can almost guarantee you will be doing this again. Dont listen to the backyard mechanics/vendors they are only looking to make money tread wisely and do the research yourself.

Ok I was wrong lol. A couple people I've talked to around here(pretty knowledgable peeps) told me 14psi is all the ssafc could handle. My bad for tge false info. And I swear I've read 14 is where the Turbo stops running effeciently.

And yes, after that it will just be blowing hot air.

Back