motor build?

Well, maybe somebody took a hint from me calling around everywhere and ordered a set to put on the shelf. haha

everyone advertises having them but they don't usually have them stocked. when i did my motor build last summer...i got lucky and grabbed the only set of k1 long rods and wiseco long rod pistons that any of the numerous retailers and distributers i called. there was another member who had pauter rods up for grabs for a fantastic price (so good i almost decided to switch my rods since my engine is out of the car) but im not sure if they sold. good luck though. what bearings did you go with? clevite or acl?

edit: if you have a used block you probably are going to have to do a .020 overbore (well since you already have pistons the cylinders will be bored to their dimensions). for a headgasket i would go with a cometic...they are pretty much the best for our motors. .030 is the stock thickness but you can get them up to .051 for the same price. thicker head gasket lowers your compression a tad.

Last edited:
ok thanks for the offer dmention i ended up ordering a set of pauter rods and arp headstuds plus headbolts. I orderd the stock bearings and the pistons are .20overbore im gonna see what the machine shop has to say about the headgasket.I also gotta order a timing belt and water pump soon. plus passenger and driver side motor mounts.Im also gonna need adapter flanges for my gt2871r turbo im gonna put on but that shouldent matter since im gonna break in the motor with the stock t25 with boost controler soon

dacquesta where did you get your g15mr transmission from? is it allot stronger than the stock?

g15m-r is the 5spd that came with the 2001-2003 protege. i have a 2000 protege that came with a 1.8 which used f25m-r 5spd which was garbage but did bolt to the 2.0L.

as for headgasket a .020 overbore will use a cometic 84mm head gasket. what compression pistons did you go with? you can use a slightly thicker headgasket(i got a .051 to lower my compression from 8.8 to around 8.6)

how much power you looking to do? i think it would be worth it to run a thicker head gasket to drop your compression to around 8.9-9.0

Probably lookin for around 250-270 whp when I add the gt2871r I might need to pick up a spare transmission too

Bump for my pauter rods getting here today and dropping them off at the machine shop along with headstuds and mainstuds arp also Mazda bearings.

Probably lookin for around 250-270 whp when I add the gt2871r I might need to pick up a spare transmission too

Umm, you should be able to put more down than that with your setup. Thats a big turbo and a tough motor to only put down that much.

Ya but the pistons are weisco and I heard 16psi is about max on them. Also I'm gonna try to keep the stock transmission going as long as I can . Just picked up a turbosmart manual boost control.

Yea I know of people running much higher boost on them than that. Not to mention with a good tune at 16psi you should be in the 300 range.

I just noticed in your thread your gonna try running 1000cc injectors with an afc, yea that's definitely not gonna work and completely overkill for your needs.

na lol im gonna be taking out my ssafc eventually here and running haeltech. I just gotta find a good place to tune cuz here in canada there is not many.

Get in touch with Maxx Mazda he uses haltech. He lives right there is Calgary.

Ya I talked to him Allready Just waiting tell the build is complete and installed to worry about tuning.

lol ya maybe that might be a good plan. I just heard 440s will be too small for the power i will want later on

Back