motor build?

yeah im gonna order the k1 and weisco kit. What is the best size headgasket? and whats advantage of .20bore vs .40? My block i should have in the next few weeks

arias pistons are more expensive and more prone to failure. do the math.
k1 are alright, cp pistons are what i recommend (though i have no firsthand experience)

CP pistons are discontinued though.

Really the only options are Wiesco and Arias.

We got them as a dealer but we figured they still made them (they still do but only under special order)

Which means big bucks (the price on the SC built motor need to be changed)

damn im kinda pissed its like 1000$ just to ship the engine. 5500 total with shipping sucks living up in canada

ya true i think i might have to end up just buying a used block and i will but a build kit and take it to the machine shop to get balanced and blueprinted

I would ask Maxx Mazda for advice..as hes local and knows what shops would be able to help you with your motor build.

ok so i just bought a block from maxx got pistons that should be arriving soon. Just got my front mount in today and will order rods,bearings,headstuds,headgasket and all in the next week or so

you have k1 and pauter...pauter is rated for 600+ and if your looking for 350max i would go with the k1 as they are rated for 400+

Did you look at all the vendors? Im sure someone's gotta have them in stock. I know of a bunch that aren't part of this forum you can try. Just shoot me a pm

Not to be a debbie downer, but I did a pretty exhaustive search for K1 rods just a couple weeks ago, and every retailer I could find quoted me 6-8 weeks backorder :( I was a little surprised that nobody seemed to be stocking them.

I got lucky and snagged a NIB set from a member on here.

Last edited:
Back