motor build?

trans build is worth considering (whatever options there are), and i dont see the value in getting the flow of the head tested.

The car isnt worth getting the head flowed on its own. I didnt know if they flow it when they do a 3avj.

i will look into getting the head flowed and how much extra the 3avj is gonna cost me vs actual gains and keeping the engine reliable. Also i want as little down time as possible and am gonna try to get a used head so that i can just build everything in the shop and once it is all together i can just drop it in

pretty sure the stock trans can't hold anywhere near 400hp...aftermarket gears are $$$$ At the very least you're lookin at a MFactory LSD and a clutch

yeah ill probabley upgrade the clutch in a bit. Im thinking im gonna just get a shortblock new instead of building it with internals

yeah ill probabley upgrade the clutch in a bit. Im thinking im gonna just get a shortblock new instead of building it with internals

Say what? So your thinking of pushing 300 - 350hp on new OEM shortblock? From my knowledge the actual rods are the weak link, so if I were you I would just purchase some K1 Rods and be done with it. It would probably be cheaper and more reliable IMO.

its probably cheaper to just redo the one you have, i got my motor completely built from top to bottom and i don 't think i paid anywhere near what i would cost for the short block

i just want to make sure it is strong cuz the stock block right now has 219000kms on it.Also not sure if i can find a mechanic that will build it

I'd second building a second motor. You can let the machine shop guys take their time doing whatever needs to be done, and do it right, without having your car out of commission for a month or however long it takes. Then, just take the day or two to drop the new block in.

damn im kinda pissed its like 1000$ just to ship the engine. 5500 total with shipping sucks living up in canada

ya true i think i might have to end up just buying a used block and i will but a build kit and take it to the machine shop to get balanced and blueprinted

Back