Same engine as ours?? +68HP +38TQ

Evoic

:
08' CX-7 in progress
Check this link for a ECU performance upgrade:

http://www.hypertech.com/

Search for the 2008 Mazda 3 engine that's 2.3L T/C.
My 08' CX-7 has a 2.3L T/C engine and I'm curious how close (or exact) it is to the Mazda 3's version?

If they are similar, would it stand to reason that it could achieve these types of gains as well? Premium Octane: +68HP +38TQ.

Anyone educated enough in these matters to comment?

Your turbo is slightly different than the ms6 and ms3. The hypertech isn't designed for your engine, so I would assume it won't work

Your turbo is slightly different than the ms6 and ms3. The hypertech isn't designed for your engine, so I would assume it won't work

I've contacted them directly and mentioned that while a lot of the owners of CX-7's might not be gearheads, nearly all of them would be open to the idea of an affordable performance upgrade if the price were reasonable. Every time I step on the gas of my CX-7, I'm quite aware of the turbo charged 244hp lurking under the hood and I just know there is more there to be gained.
My previous vehicle was an A4 2.0L Quattro that was 200hp/207ftlb stock and after chip, cat delete, and a more robust BPV - I was able to get up to 300hp/350lbft.

....with a 2.0 liter.

I want to believe the 2.3L in the CX-7 is capable of good things if done properly.

Its as capable as anything else is when done correctly. Don't know if you've ever heard this old saying, "you've got to pay to play."

Horsepower costs money, and substantial horsepower costs substantial money. And at some point, the line on the graph creates an almost asymptotic effect...meaning even though you spend more and more on an engine, you eventually start gaining less and less power until its completely maxed out

You might want to check out the cobb ap and see if they have a unit for you. Then get some hardware and a reputable tuning shop and have at it. Fast crossovers ftw!

you could go big turbo, or check out CP-e,the standback is usable with the cx7.

Back