Lime Rock Park Grand~Am Racing - Memorial Day Weekend 2011 (May 27-30)

Coppertone

:
'04 Mazda6s Hatch
This will be our 5th ANNUAL LRP MAZDA CORRAL and the time is fast approaching, only 3 months away!! and it'll be here before we know it! just trying to get a feel for who all is coming with us this year. I do have a house available, but space is limited, and past years occupants get first dibs. let's start talking and we'll figure it out ...

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. This is a Grand-Am Rolex event. It's their yearly trek from Ohio to Connecticut.

Great people, awesome fun, and beer. There is no racing on Sunday due to local laws but we usually have a cookout for the Mazda corral and teams.

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Always a helluva time, and always a large number of stories come from this trip. I look forward to it every year. It may be an 8 hour drive, but it's sooo worth it.

Examples of stories from this event:

"What What"
"It's like... 10 hours of energy..."
Fez chasing Mack
Fez chasing 2 girls
Tall Pauls at 8am on the porch
Ted finds out that a Prius will do triple digits
and the list goes on...

Phen.. Don't forget Ray being pulled over for driving asian and the crazy driver in the red S2000 in front of him.

Yes! How could I forget about those? That god damn S2000 pissed me off.

and the fact that the cop was surprised to find out from the asian that the car leading the pack was being driven by a girl ...

and the fact that ted ditched being the leader to follow the 100+mph prius - so lauri was trying to keep up and got nailed with a ticket!! i'm not leading this year ... i quit. LOL

yes, the stories are endless!!

Nope. This is a Grand-Am Rolex event. It's their yearly trek from Ohio to Connecticut.

Great people, awesome fun, and beer. There is no racing on Sunday due to local laws but we usually have a cookout for the Mazda corral and teams.

IMG_0870.jpg

probably my fav part was having him sign the flag!

but yea it is a great time! Will not miss it for anything.....I think the wife and other two kids are coming this year......if not me and Kyle will def be there!

Here is an e mail from Joe Foster:

Hi Marlon….am glad to provide some stuff for auction etc will dig through the trailers…..regarding PD meet/greet if he is on site with us he would probably participate without hesitation but we honestly have no idea if he will appear at the event at all yet so we can't promise a meet/greet with him personally. You can feel free, however, to mention a meet and greet with "Dempsey Racing Drivers" which I know we can provide. Please remind me about the auction items as things get closer….

Thanks!
JF

Dempsey Racing LLC
4540 South Berkeley Lake Road
Suite D
Norcross, GA 30071

If nothing comes up before then, I'm pretty sure I'm going to this.

Marlon...the link you posted for the tickets doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks

First post updated with the flyer (so that I can find it in a hurry)

attachment.php

Oh... I made an official event. Click the link in my sig (once i figure out where it went)

Back