Recharge A/C freon, is it hard?

bump.

Has anyone done this before? Since my car isnt blowing cool air, does this mean I have a leak in the a/c lines?

i'd like to know as well. i think this is why my a/c fan doesn't work...

I ended up recharging my system this weekend. I bought a gauge and can 16oz can of R134a. The gauge said I only had 2-3 psi of pressure in my system. I added (1) can and it rose to about 30 psi. Looks like it should be from 30-45 for full. I didnt add anymore, going to see how long it stays at this pressure.

yes, please report back, there is not alot a info on the forum on ac recharge. also post whaet brand did you use? any additive with it? or did you use one with no additive? let us know how it went.

well im assuming you charged your system without having it evacuated so you probable still under charged. the problem when your charging with small cans your self is you cant accurately charge it. theres is a spec sticker under the hood that says the max charge. second is charging a system thats already at atmospheric pressure. most people know better when if comes to messing with their A/C systems. im not sure how much experience you have with mobile ac, but if you must do it your self. im hoping you went with something thats virgin r134a youll only be able to pick it up in 1lb cans since im assuming your not licenced to purchase large quantities. no stop leak and minimal dye but preferably no dye. stop leak=bad. it will clog the small passages and orifices that are critical in your ac system. your compressor, condenser, evaporator core, expansion valve, they all have orifices that can be clogged by stop leak. if you have a leak. leaks are another reason why people take it to the shop, lets face it, your most likely not going to find a leak. if you had a gauge set you can watch your pressure differences and see if you under/over charged and see how well the a/c system is working.

Back