New member and need window switch

LuvMyStealth

:
2002 Protege5
Hi everyone - new user here. I have an 02 P5 and it is a wonderful little car. I also have a Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo which is my true love hence my handle. Anyhow, great to be part of the P5 community and I look forward to being able to contribute somehow.

If anyone is parting out a compatible Protege or can point me to a source I am looking for a front passenger side window switch. Mine has packed it in and the "stealership" wants a fortune for a replacement. I live in Canada so if you are a fellow Canuck and have a window switch available for sale I would like to hear from you.

I would also like to find a rear bumper protector to prevent my dog from scratching up my rear bumper cover any further. My local Mazda dealer cannot get them any more so I guess used or aftermarket are my only options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

hey for what it's worth I had that switch go bad on a 2000 Protege sedan - basically the same switches I think.

I was able to take it apart pretty easily. The contacts inside were just carboned up. So I just scraped them clean. If your switch doesn't feel "broken" I'd try this first.

ALSO - The drivers side master switch group on that protege was bad for the PASSENGER side switch - I had TWO problems!- I did have to replace the master on the drivers side to get the passengers to work. And I mean that even if I had a good passenger side switch a bad master for that window can keep the good passenger side switch from working.

I got the switch on eBay for like 20 bucks. You can get a switch to fit pretty easily - getting the right color for your P5 is harder.

But remember you can remove the switch from the trim panel that generally is included with it, and swap it with yours.

Last edited:
Back