Starter in cold

05Mazda3sp23

:
2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Sedan
do mz3's have problems starting up in cold weather like -2*F without windchill.... mostly the starter or is it going bad? last few days been very cold around 2*f if not colder and car starts some times... aint battery just got new 1 reads 12.75V... all i get is a click and everything works fans radio etc.... the only way i can get it starter is by tapping the starter... and yes i looked this up same problems and was starter i just want a second say... any help would be nice.
Thanks

well -2*F is tough on a battery, CCA are rated at 0*F, so if it has been below 0*F for a while that could have some part in it, and if you happen to have the radio, heat, defrost on when you tried to start it, that adds unneeded load to the system. Have you had the starter/solenoid tested?

well -2*F is tough on a battery, CCA are rated at 0*F, so if it has been below 0*F for a while that could have some part in it, and if you happen to have the radio, heat, defrost on when you tried to start it, that adds unneeded load to the system. Have you had the starter/solenoid tested?
Just got a new1 order cuz it has happened a few times and tryed with heat off, radio, etc... when looking at it the first time tho it had ice on it (not much) soo could be shot

Back