battery replacement

rmak_14

:
03 Spicy
Hey it's time for me to replace my old MSP battery so I was wondering where the calgary guys buy their car batteries. let me know!

Ricky

They actually take off a $10 recycling fee if you bring in your old battery, and most places will do that. I have found that canadian tire or wal-mart do have the best prices though, and they carry decent enough batteries.

Have any of you found that the factory battery lasts a supper long time? i still have the original battery in my 2003 P5, and it still turns the motor over like new, same with my dad in his 2002 protege. I find that replacements from Canadian tire, Sears or whatever last like 4-5 years max (in previous cars anyways).

Have any of you found that the factory battery lasts a supper long time? i still have the original battery in my 2003 P5, and it still turns the motor over like new, same with my dad in his 2002 protege. I find that replacements from Canadian tire, Sears or whatever last like 4-5 years max (in previous cars anyways).

I agree, although it's my battery in my MS6 from 06. Seems to be a trooper in the winters we've gotten over the years. Definitely a big plus! I don't know if I should go to factory again if it does or grab one from Costco.

Hey, Iam with you two the factory works the best, there panisonic. slightly ahead of there time. All three still have thier's (silver,yellow and blue).(p5blue)(p5yellow)(silverpro

So i presume if i went to Mazda for a new one, they would sell me one of these Panasonic's? I wonder if they are much more expensive than other replacements, it would be well worth it if the price is comparable or even slightly higher.

If the guy on the other page is giving 15% off, Thats good price.Yes the ones from Mazda are still Panasonic, from the last one I bought, for a client's car. I can get 20% off at another dealer ship.

yea the one i need to replace is from factory. been awesome since 2003. I might go check out costco to see what they have

yea the one i need to replace is from factory. been awesome since 2003. I might go check out costco to see what they have

Send warren (from Northhill Mazda) a pm and see what price he can get the OEM battery for.

Just picked up a new battery from Northhill Mazda. Thanks Warren for hooking me up! Received a discount on the battery too =) So thumbs up for Warren and Northhill!! So OEM batteries are no longer the Panasonic ones, they are Exide batteries just so everyone knows.

Ricky

(yes)(nervous)(smash)did warren(kissass)or you (dunno)or did you take it (smash),so(uhm)so should we go there(glare)or this is a good thing(drinks).(upyours)(2cents)worth.

(p5blue)

nice to meet you Ricky.

just to clarify, the battery installed at the factory is still a panasonic, however any replacement batteries done in the field will be an Exide.

I've sold exide for several years and I've found them to be as good or better than any I've sold.

Back