P0660

thanks guys. i'll try to clean it first. just to be sure, vics is the green one right?

I just had the same problem, P0660 hidden code. I have the mp3 ECU which does not see the VTCS solenoid so I swapped them, and it fixed the problem.

The white one is VICS, which is to the right in the picture. I got open circuit when I measured it. Just trying to provide some info..

I just had the same problem, P0660 hidden code. I have the mp3 ECU which does not see the VTCS solenoid so I swapped them, and it fixed the problem.

The white one is VICS, which is to the right in the picture. I got open circuit when I measured it. Just trying to provide some info..

CheeseHelmet posted the green one on left is for the VICS on 4-30-11. Ok, I don't know.

You can trace the vaccum tube to see where they go. VTCS vacuum controls a set of plates right before the intake goes into the engine block (to cause air turbulence right before the air stream goes into the engine on cold start). VICS vacuum controls a different sets of blades between the intake manifold and the dynamic chamber, about half way in the intake route.

hi all, my car was on ramps for a few hours. i was looking for a leak (small puddle under my car where i park it). didnt find the leak, but as soon as i got my car off the ramps and started driving, if i put my foot on the gas and tried to accel. it would shake and shudder violently. i could coast the rest of way back w/o any shaking. it threw 2 codes. the MIL was blinking about at a rate of 1 blink/sec.

i pulled 2 codes, P0660 (intake manifold tuning valve control circuit/open bank 1) and P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire).

cylinder 2 had a fouled spark plug. the other 3 cylinders looked ok.

i tested for resistance on the solenoid connected to the green plug and got 40 ohms, for the solenoid connected to the white plug and i got no reading.

the P0302 bad spark plug, could it cause P0660? so fix the spark problem first? then attack the solenoid? thanks.

i tested for resistance on the solenoid connected to the green plug and got 40 ohms, for the solenoid connected to the white plug and i got no reading.

lf you got no reading on the white plug, then your solenoid is dead (open circuit).

thanks for the info. new COP coils/wires on order. will tackle the VICS later. its tempting to get the used solenoids on ebay (they are nearly 1/4 the price!)

its tempting to get the used solenoids on ebay (they are nearly 1/4 the price!)

I personally would go for the one on ebay. They're a pretty basic and standard device,... as long as they actually fit,... eBay has problems with that.

can some show me pic of the those solenoids please if u have one and where there are at im new thanks guys cause mine says imcc

Does it affect the drive of the car oh torque at all cause I got the same code and it's been like that since I bought it

Does it affect the drive of the car oh torque at all cause I got the same code and it's been like that since I bought it

My butt dyno tells me No Lol. I actually feel that when the solenoid fires the torque dips down a little, but the acceleration is smoother. but in theory you should get more power because you reduce the intake air drag by introducing additional intake channels. (IIRC )

Back