Remote entry stopped working (flip key)

USAFVMI08

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6
So, I went into a store the other day and locked the car with my remote entry no issue. I came out about 30 minutes later and I couldn't unlock it, lock it, use the panic button, anything. I messed with the battery and nothing worked on the car (but the remote would light up). I came home and tried my other remote, it didn't work either. Today I tried to reprogram them and again...nothing.

I'm clueless and I really don't hope that the keyless entry system's jacked up. I know that that's going to be a pretty penny to fix.

Any ideas?

Did you check the batteries? Check the fuse that the keyless entry uses as well, that might have blown.

I fiddled with it again after I wrote this. Didn't change or do anything except unhook the positive terminal on the battery for a second....and it works.

Hm. Weird. Oh well, not going to complain!

Mine intermittently misbehaves, and then it works again for no discernible reason...until it quits working all the time I'll just live with it, then I'll take the car apart and see if I can straighten out the wiring some.

I'm blaming it on sun spots and light reflected off of Venus hitting swamp gas. :p

Oh, and robot alien ninjas. :D

Back