New 1ST gen MAZDASPEED 3 hood

pipmoutprog5

:
Mazdaspeed 3
was up fam.
has anyone or know anyone that has the new 1st gen mazdaspeed 3 hood that its been sold in "street unit" its the one hood with the 2nd gen speed's scoop on it. and if you have pics can you post them.

i dont think any one said it was for performance but oh well i do like how it looks

pointless scoops are gay! check it: http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Undertrays-Spoilers-Bonnet-Vents-Part-1/A_2159/article.html

if you like how it looks, do it. just don't pretend it's a performance mod..

Why dont you try to be less dickish about it?
If Mazda decided it was a better setup for the 2010 version, why would you automatically assume it has no performance benefits?

IIRC, based on every dyno chart Ive seen, heatsoak has proved to be a problem with our current air induction to the intercooler, so I dont see how this couldnt help.

you can always just get a fiberglass scoop and have a shop mold it in for you, would be way less then a new hood.

Thanks for the suggestion.. that would probably save on paint cost as well

I like the OEM style but in CF like this...

IMG-20110325-00236.jpg

IMG-20110325-00240.jpg

IMG-20110325-00242.jpg

anyone know of the best place to order the dgmotorsports hood from? or who has the best freight shipping price on it? called ********** today and they said roughly $160 to ship to a business, 190 to ship residential. i would either be doing business or terminal pickup, didnt make sense to order from su tho because i would have to pay sales tax on it. mainly i called them today hoping they would just happen to have ordered one and have it in stock (wishful thinking)

Why dont you try to be less dickish about it?
If Mazda decided it was a better setup for the 2010 version, why would you automatically assume it has no performance benefits?

IIRC, based on every dyno chart Ive seen, heatsoak has proved to be a problem with our current air induction to the intercooler, so I dont see how this couldnt help.

late reply ftl..

mazda is competing with other car makers who put scoops on their cars. everyone has a scoop now. it doesn't mean their better. if you read the file i linked, you will see that the middle of the hood has lower pressure than the front. which MAY mean that the charge is less than with the first gen ms3 duct system. and either way, heat soak will still be a problem with a tmic. whichever air delivery method (front duct/hood scoop) provides more and cooler air at speed will help the tmic cool faster. that's all i was trying to get at..

and why should i be less dickish? i'm just goofing around, it's not like i personally attacked the guy's parents. i was sharing an opinion on a post where we were asked our opinions.

I just got my DG Hood in a couple days ago, test fitted it and painted it last night. Can't wait to put it on tomorrow!
DSCN5582.JPGDSCN5581.JPGDSCN5580.JPG

resonse to a response

late reply ftl..

mazda is competing with other car makers who put scoops on their cars. everyone has a scoop now. it doesn't mean their better. if you read the file i linked, you will see that the middle of the hood has lower pressure than the front. which MAY mean that the charge is less than with the first gen ms3 duct system. and either way, heat soak will still be a problem with a tmic. whichever air delivery method (front duct/hood scoop) provides more and cooler air at speed will help the tmic cool faster. that's all i was trying to get at..

and why should i be less dickish? i'm just goofing around, it's not like i personally attacked the guy's parents. i was sharing an opinion on a post where we were asked our opinions.
I thought that was in a very cool article and i hope to go back to it as time allows. Ever since i bought my 2007 i was seriously concerned about heat soak. My cold side was not always cold at all, and stopped traffic was bad news altogether. i went to much larger top mount asap and freed the exhaust up. But i have been looking for a very functional and cool hood so i can stay with the top mount for awhile longer.
To the op, i have not seen alot of aero bits for our cars and very liitle worthwhile in styling bits besides some awesome euro mirrors i can never afford that nigel has.
Maybe i am looking in the wrong direction!
but the dg does look good.
go for it.
for what it is worth i saw no dickbeing at all. haha and i bet none was meant.

Back