Motive Brake Bleeder

Hi folks,

Anyone use a Motive pressure bleeder on their P5? I purchased one with the European adapter, and while it appears to screw on just fine, when I get around 7psi, it starts leaking at the master cylinder. Does anyone know what the proper adapter model is? I'm a little afraid of the universal adapter as it gets mixed reviews.

Thanks!

I'd suggest you try putting a bead of RTV(or other tube sealant that remains flexible after it dries-I used Goop) at the top of the threads on the inside of the cap and let it dry. I think you'll find that will solve the leak without the need to get another adapter cap.

sorry for the thread revival, is the correct motive kit for the '03 2.0L protege the 0100 European Bleeder. they also offer a 0107 Ford/Import Three Prong Bleeder and Miata 1st and 2nd Gen Bleeder 0111, and the individual connectors themselves, 1109, 1100, 1101, etc. thanks.

sorry for more old thread revival. I'm currenty searching for answers on this and can confirm that the 1109 fits and threads, but does not hold pressure out of the box

Back