Do you think Mazda will ever make another....

Doubtful, since I don't see the Protege line coming back. The 3 has drawn a lot of attraction and I don't think Mazda would dump that, unless they want to commit business suicide.

Doubt it but that Shinari concept is one B****in piece of equipment. I want them to stop making the new speed models in hatchback only thats why I got the Protege

nope, the protege is a dying breed as a whole. Not just the Mazdaspeed Protege, but the LX, DX and whatever else there is. These cars aren't like the Honda Civic, which is still a very popular car and is still in production. This car just never got the hype it was expected to get. It was a one hit wonder. If they were to make one though, Im pretty sure if they got enough input from people like us on the forums, they would address all of the downfalls like the weak internals, LSD, motor mounts, the clunk, THE TUNING!!!! and a few other things but like I said, the car is a dying breed.

Never, the 3 replaced the Protege as a 4door family car. And the 3 sold better than the protege. So they will never.

I agree.......although webster says it differently

Definition of PROTG
: one who is protected or trained or whose career is furthered by a person of experience, prominence, or influence

So although the Protege may never be made again, the people that own them will always stay connected in some way to them.

The 3 is just a new protege, they have nothing in common whatsoever the 3 is an entirely new platform but in terms of Mazda's current compact car the MS3 is just the most recent MSP. Mazda has no reason to bring the Protege name back.

the protege was just an extension of mazda's familia line of cars which was started in 1964 and finally retired after its 8th generations in 2003. the 3 is part of the new axela line that mazda introduced in 2004 based on ford's updated c1 platform, shared with the volvo s40 and ford focus. hornsfan is right, mazda has no reason to bring the protege name back.

it would be nice but highly unlikely. oh well it makes owning one that much more special.

i wish they made the MS3 (04-08 version) as a sedan, such a shame that they didn't.

but who knows... i could see a white turbo'd 3 some time down the road...

Back