spark plugs or wires

destineal

Contributor
:
Black Mica #129
i have a misfire on cylinder 4 p0304. If the plug was fouled out, wouldn't it misfire through out the rpm range(including WOT)?

yea, i've had plugs for a while now. working at night, i don't wanna do anything but sleep during the day. i'll try to get up early enough to swap at least cylinder 4 out.

The 4291's. Good choice. I've been running them after the two sets of 3271's. I've yet to see a reason on any plug that I have pulled to use a colder plug in rolling 86K miles.

lol I have all the belts, water pump, valve cover gasket. and so on. Its just too chilly to get motivated around here. I may do the fmic today though.

I have the same issue, Said screw it and bought 2 new coil packs today (autozone- 27 dollars each), NKG blue wires are in the mail also 4 Autolite AR3923 plugs. Should solve my issue.

Rob

Im not a huge fan of autolite plugs, they have always failed with me. I stick with Denso or NGK plugs.

I was running the NKG plugs............. but I followed the Mazdaspeed upgrade list and went with the Autolit racing copper plugs 1 step colder. I have a 1 CY misfire so plugs/ wires and coils are being changed before I bump up to 18 PSI

Rob

I was surprised to see you using Autolites over NGK/Denso but seeing how Mazdaspeed recommends them and they are a racing plug, guess they are worth a shot.

p0304 has regressed to a p0300. What NGK Wireset did you get? Whats the best Coils to get?

Best would be OEM as they last a long time. But like everything else OEM they will come with a premium. So most parts stores coil packs are your next alternative and for wires go with NGK Premium Wire Set part no 5659. Shop on line for the best prices and no sales tax.

Back