Steering Issues

HighSpeed

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
Well my wife told me yesterday that the MSP is driving "funny". She said that it is hard to turn and there is a vibration in the wheel. The last time I looked at the suspension I knew that the ball joints looked pretty rough but I think that there may be a broken tie rod end and the car is steering one wheel only. She is taking it to a shop(ughhh) this morning and I am trying to figure out what it could be. I am deployed at the moment so I can only wait on the sidelines. I told her to not drive it but she thinks it will be fine. Any thoughts? I have a feeling I will be replacing alot of suspension parts really soon(hand)

Ok, so its a confirmed failing PS pump. I hate not being home.......the shop wants almost $700 to fix it! and only $200 for labor, they make a killing off of marking up the price of the parts for sure. Hopefully my buddy can put it in since it is really really simple........

Damn man! If i lived close by i would come do it! 700 bucks is a lot. Can get a power steering pump at oreillys for around $233.

Last edited:
My buddies at Advanceu Auto hooked me up with no shipping and a brand new pump, not reman. And one of my good dsm friends is coming by to replace the pump for free, so right now the total cost is $201.89.....not too bad I think. The car just needs to run for about 3 more weeks, then she gets a new car.....and the MSP simply goes in the garage.

Back