Jumping problem

xMazdax

:
2007 Mazda 3 hatch
When im at a stop in my 07 mazda 3 automatic transmission. It seems like it wants to go. its like jumpy. but my brake is pressed to the floor. so Idk whats going on. any one have any ideas?

What is your idle speed? Automatics will usually move the car if your foot isn't
on the brake pedal. The tendency to move is greater if the idle speed is too
high (above 600-800).

Clifton

Idk what it is. but when im like stoped at a red light it feels like the motors turns over hard at a point? idk if that makes sense or not, but it just feels like it wants to jump forward

It feels like it wants to move forward while you're holding the brakes down?
If it is what I think it is, I had the same problem on my '01 Sonata. But this was after the transmission was swapped out because the old one died.
On occasion, the engine would decide to rev without me doing anything, so there I am at a red light, having my engine rev up to around 2k or so, and I'm not doing s***.
I just threw it into neutral and let it rage for the little time that it did.

See mine doesnt rev at all. Like idk it seems like it kinda dies then turns back on but real fast like 2 seconds. idk maybe just an idle problem?

Could be as it sounds like its giving itself some gas after it starts to chug..which could also be from power draw on your electrical system...are you running a big sound system where it will make it rev a bit higher from time to time to cover the bass etc? If your foot was only pushed down enough to make it stop and not firmly as far as it would go, and it had to give itself a few hundred more rpms to idle correctly then yes...I could see how you would think it was wanting to drive off.

Quick fix...put it in neutral at the light ;-P

No sound system, just stock, not even the bose. And when you say power drawn it makes me think. Cause when i have the lights on at night and i roll up my windows the lights dim. Could this be a bad battery?

Every mazda I have had (3 3's, 3 5's) will all dim the headlights when you roll up and down the windows as the electrical system is so lean the sudden loss of power isnt recovered for a second or two. If its severe where its even effecting your dash then its possibly a bad battery\alternator. Usually things act a little wierd (guages and such) when the alternator is losing it. Unless your motor is actually dying or making odd noises where you think its severe I wouldnt worry about it. Our mazda's arent as beafy as the fords ive had (mustangs and tbirds) where the lights wont even dim, and if they do its literally just a tiny flicker you dont notice.

Every mazda I have had (3 3's, 3 5's) will all dim the headlights when you roll up and down the windows as the electrical system is so lean the sudden loss of power isnt recovered for a second or two. If its severe where its even effecting your dash then its possibly a bad battery\alternator. Usually things act a little wierd (guages and such) when the alternator is losing it. Unless your motor is actually dying or making odd noises where you think its severe I wouldnt worry about it. Our mazda's arent as beafy as the fords ive had (mustangs and tbirds) where the lights wont even dim, and if they do its literally just a tiny flicker you dont notice.

Yeah. Lol. I notice the heater/ac stops working as hard when rolling the windows up/down.
It makes it feel cheap.

Thats because it is...The electrical system and the power of the AC is my main complaint of mazda...that and their stinginess with sound deadener.

The chassis's are nice and stiff and the cars aerodynamics are quite good and quiet, its the road noise (the tires) etc that make the cabin noisy... A generous amount of sound deadener and you would be surprised as it would be as quiet as a lexus...but...taking every panel out of the car and spending a fortune on it is something that is not cost effective for me...I just turn up the stereo.

Back