Anybody get burned oil smell into the cabin?

Ra)

:
Sexy-7
I feel it when I stop after driving some time - seems the smell is blown out while driving but when I stop..
I heard it's common with cx-7?

update

well, I found some info//

holes are inside the motor bay
through those holes all smells get into the cabin and the air filter cannot help
it's an engineering problem

Last edited:
pics

this is a handmade PPU plug
smells less 90%
29122009152.jpg

that's how it lokks without the plug
0011hgf.jpg

Last edited:
The hood seal may be leaking due to damage or debre not letting the weather stripping seal. I've found leaves etc under the back and inside the weather stripping that needed to be cleaned out.

thanks for your message, but the bay is clean and moreover I recently changed the sealing strip to a better one - now no dirty staff gets into the motorbay while washing the car

I ve found almost 30 people with the same problem on forums around the world
some sent letters to mazda office but mazda says "it's a special mazda smell that most mazda fans like" )))))))))))))))

this PPU plug helps, i got no debris - i got 2 more turbo cars by audi, this section is totally isolated from the vents

i think mazda ll never admit that it's their fault, engineering fail

it's like with the faulty windshield spray motor - there's a TSB on that for 2006-7 cx-7s, "winter methanol liquids spray force is extremely poor, change to a new motor"
i talked with my friend who bought a 2010 new cx-7. and? there is the same "poor spray force" - means you can spray when you are not moving only. start moving and all the water+spirit mix leaks down under the windshild but not upon it... 2006 - 2011 - i guess that's enough time period to fix that tiny annoying 50$ defect?

Back