weird popping noise

tweety2300

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
I can't figure this out. While going straight cruising at constant speed it makes a popping noise from front drivers side wheel. It will quiet down if you give it more gas or go away completely. it does go away complety if you hit the brakes even slightly. Its getting worse and quickly. It also goes away when you turn. Anybody got any ideas? I the jerking the tire every way I possibly could and it wouldn't budge. My trans mount is bad as well. Its my dd and I'm starting to get scared to drive it because its getting louder. The wheel bearing was replaced last spring. The steering wheel will also. Kinda "jiggle" going straight and it seems to be louder going slow

I would try jacking up the front wheels, supporting it very well with jack stands, and then putting it in first gear to see if you can hear the noise while stationary? If the noise is present it should give you a better indication of where it is coming from.

Thanks ill do it tomarow. Is there any parts that could cause this? I know wheel bearing can cause all sorts of stuff. But I'm thinking it could possibly be the axle. It seems to go away for the ost part after 55mph or so or its just really quiet

Back