ScratchNSniff's Miata Thread...Two in One...

ScratchNSniff

Undisputed Parts God
:
Way to Many
Current Mod List:
Hard Dog M2 Double Diagonal
AGX 8 Way Adjustable Struts
Coil Sleeves
Authentic Garage Vary Front Lip
15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 w/ Toyo Proxy RA1's (205/55/15's)
Rolled Fenders
Trunk Rack
Train Horn Setup w/ 2 Compressors and 1.5 Gallon Tank
LED License Plate Bulbs
LED Floor Well Lighting
OEM 94 Power Antenna
Trunk Shocks
Hub w/ Momo/Sparco Wheels
S2000 Red Leather Seats
Recaro's Black Cloth
OEM Trunk Release
Sirius Stilletto Radio on Custom Mount
Hella Foglights on Custom Mounts
20% Window Tint
Broadway 330mm Rearview Mirror
Custom Red Leather Door Cards w/ Porsche Roadster Inspired Door Pulls
10" Rockford Punch P2 w/ Rockford Amp in Cabin
Windblocker
Outside AC Vent Delete for 2" Flush Mount Tweeters
Focal 6V2S Components
Speed3 Exhaust
Speed3 Shift Boot
Speed3 Shift Knob
Double Walled Resonator

So, got the red Miata about 6 months ago and really haven't done much of anything to it, but with me getting rid of the Protege5 and in my new car, 06 Civic Ex I am needing something that gives a nice little fun factor when cruising in the mountains or going out to the track...

Red Miata: Purchased for $2300
Green/Red/Orange Miata: Purchased for $700

The red one is the DD for the GF and the green one is going to be my new project car much like the Protege5 was...

Hopefully I will do a better job posting updates in this thread then I did in the other, but I highly doubt this car will get anywhere near as modded as the Protege5 ever did...

I will definitely get some better pics as it goes along...

DSC08597.jpg

DSC08594.jpg

DSC08591.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Red Car Is a blast to ride in... espically in the snow and ice ..lol good luck with modding iam sure it will turn out great Alex...

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of your P5.
And yes...it seems everyone gets a Miata and the P5 gets tossed (I am a founding member!) lol.

Sadly my Miata will be exchanging hands with a friend in the next few months. Its been a fun car & with the addition of a kid (due in May)...I gotta pay some bills off. We could keep it, especially since we have plenty of room with our current cars...but priorities are priorities.
But have no fear! The wife has already approved another project. Either a used RX-8 or Miata in the future. It will be an NB or NC though.

Good luck with builds!

If I could get my cameras to work I would have some updates...currently have:

Red Miata:
3" Shift Extender
Blue 2 Pool Ball
Sparco Hub w/ Sparco Fighter 5 Steering Wheel
Tokico Illuminas 8-Way Adjustable w/ Coil Sleeves
Hard Dog Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Hella Dual Supertones
Red Leather S2000 Seats

Green One:

Still Stripping, have it completely down to the firewall, no dash, just steering column and wiring harness...has about 4 or 5 nickel sized rust holes in the bottom, but we are just going to cut around them and tack in some plates to cover it up...next up going to be pulling the rest of the AC system out and then remove the power steering system...

I may have some spare parts in the garage. Need anything?
I also have a set of stockers w/some kuhmo stickies...haven't used them in forever.
LMK.

Whatcha got...I do need a few stock pieces...intake tube coming off the TB and some wires, but what else do you have...also just installed the Speed3 Exhaust fromt the P5 onto the red one...sounds SICK!!!

Do I get like a x2 next to my name...lol...also finally got some pics...show the steering wheel/rims/tires/knob...also got the Hard Dog Double Diagonal roll bar in the mail tonight and installed the S2000 seats yesterday...picking up suspension on Thursday...

DSC04793.jpg

DSC04800.jpg

DSC04803.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

Meet a nice couple at one of the stops
DSC04825.jpg

Purdy
DSC04848.jpg

DSC04837.jpg

DSC04838.jpg

DSC04839.jpg

DSC04834.jpg

DSC04835.jpg

driving
DSC04816.jpg

DSC04869.jpg

DSC04872.jpg

Met up with another member who was out cruising too
DSC04888.jpg

DSC04905.jpg

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04909.jpg

Loaded
DSC04911.jpg

Nice Alex, looking forward to following your build.

And who says the Miata can't have a full size spare...you have three! lol

Lol...there is actually a spare in the trunk with the other one of these wedged in as well...also, you can't see it, but my Craftsman floor jack is on the floor in the passenger side...

Sweet! Guess I should never complain about not having any room in my hatch for something. haha

Back