Remote Start questions

ajpslp

:
CX 9
Ok so had the remote start put in on my 2010 CX-9 . Love the car and the starter BUT can the remote start be programmed to start the car and have full functions of interior. In other words the car starts but heat / ac, defroster heated seats dont go on unitl u get inside and actually turn the dial on steering wheel to the on position. Just wondering because my nissan altima which i sold didnt work all those above things but my wife's honda turns on all !!??

looks like you don't want heat/ac/defroster etc to happen. In that case you should remove the fuses indicated in the pdf.

Actually I want the heat or a/c to turn on with auto start. Thats the whole purpose for me.. Dealer installed the unit with brand new CX9 purchase. Called them, need to make an appointment so they can repair it. Thanks for the detailed instructions , but I dont want to start splitting wires etc. I will print it out and keep wihtme just in case they cant figure it out...thanks

However you leave the settings when you last get out of the car (defroster, feet, temp, fan speed, heated seats on/off) those settings should remain the next time remote started.

I have the factory/port installed version in my 2011 GT, and always have it on 72 deg, driver's heated seat on level 2, and blowing at feet/windshield when I get out. Remote start the next morning and everything remains exactly the same, and every feature including the stereo comes on exactly how I left it--just need to get in and turn the knob to drive. However you last left your features when you turned off/exited, should be exactly how it comes back on when remote started...unless dealer installed vs. port/factory installed makes that difference.

Beach,
Yes that is exactly what I thought they installed unitl I realized last week that its not working like that. It seems that only accesories are on and engine, NO heat no defroster, no heated seats.. So i guess i need to bring back to them and tell the port setting ?
Also what did u put on the front hood of ur car ? Do u have link to it ?

Heat and heated seats definitely come on with remote start on my CX9 with aftermarket remote start (Viper/Python). I'd imagine the factory version does the same.

One interesting thing I found was that the factory remote apparently forces you to restart the car after getting in before you can drive. With the aftermarket system I have I just need to remember to physically change the key position to on before touching the brake and the engine will continue to run so no restart is needed.

Actually the factory remote has the same thing on my CX-9, you just need to turn the key to the on position no need to restart the car...

Actually the factory remote has the same thing on my CX-9, you just need to turn the key to the on position no need to restart the car...

Thanks for the clarification. I had read otherwise but it makes a lot more sense that it would work the same way.

Continuation- Took car to dealer this a.m. and eft it for about 30 minutes. Call to my cell phone and service manager stated - we need to order a special wiring harness to correct the condition of no HVAC working when auto start is activated ? Anyone out there have opinions? I thought actually the guys didnt want to be bothered fixing or possibly the person who installed it originally was not in today and they want him to correct it... ? So another trip and another $8 toll to get this done properly... Will be in on monday he stated

That means you have the old wiring harness and they will buy the new wiring harness with all the changes applied as mentioned in the PDF earllier by nguvanh. you should when the remote start was installed in your car to the date on the PDF. I bought mine in summer 2010 and have installed it myself. I got a new wiring harness applied with it that has all the modifications.

I had the remote starter installed today. I was wondering if you turn off your heat, heated seats, radio or are they on before turning off the engine? So next time when you use your remote starter, everything is running? Thanks

IF you turn everything off when you turn your 9 off everything will be off when you use the remote start. So leave on what ever you want before you turn off your vehicle. I leave on my heat, heated seats on so when i get in my 9 its nice and cozy. I also leave my head lights on auto.

Forgot to give all the update.. Went back to dealer they paid for the parts and labor and now all complete ... NICE !!!!all working 100%.. Thanks for all the info this site is great!

Back