Comparable Head Units?

Driver_X

:
MSP Yellow
Currently I'm running a alpine cda 9813. Its starting to act up and i'm looking to replace it with another alpine unit of similar quality/ features.

I have a opportunity to get a alpine cda 105 for a good price but I noticed that it is lacking some of the features that i currently have.

Maybe someone with better experience with the newer HU can bring me up to speed.

Does alpine not produce a 60x4 (27x4 rms) HU anymore? I noticed that alot of the HU are 45 or 50x4 (18x4 rms)? Is the 9watts difference even a big deal?

Second i noticed that alot of the newer units are capable of adding a power pack on to them for what they says is true 45x4 rms (KTP-445
Head Unit Power Pack) Is this the way things are done now. NO more separate big amps to run the mid and highs for a moderate system?

My Current setup is just the CDA 9813, with a stock msp door speakers and two subs. So i'm not going crazy with it. I just like being able to turn it up loud enough that I can over come road noise and window noise if windows are down, which my current one can do for the most part.

Back