Clear Lens HID Projector Upgrade For Mazda6/Speed6 from "The Retrofit Source"

The Great NY

:
2004 Mazda Atenza(6)
Clear Lens HID Projector Upgrade For Mazda6/Speed6 from "The Retrofit Source"

hey just giving you all a heads up. that im hosting a Group buy on 6crew for a new HID upgrade for the 6.

just extending the invite to you all in case its something you guys are interested in. all the info including pics and videos of the product can be found in the first post of the thread.

http://6crew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17431

for those who are interested, feel free to sign up for the group buy there.

thanks

I have been in contact with "The Retrofit Source" about a new product they have for the Mazda6 and Speed6. They have developed a drop-in clear lens HID projector setup for our cars that will get rid of the stock garbage that our cars come with.

Now members that already have HID kits whether it be aftermarket or factory (speed 6) no worries as we have worked out something for you guys as well and you will not need to purchase an entire HID kit to have this.

*****NOTE - i would like to inform ALL members that this upgrade WILL REQUIRE removal of your stock headlights (if you dont have a spare set laying around) and splitting them open in order to swap to the new upgrade*****

Here are a few pictures of the actual setup:

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

Again this is a bolt-in Setup for our cars and only requires taking the headlights apart. no cutting or modding. FULL bolt in upgrade.

This link shows various images of the setups performance:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/album.php?albumid=226

Also, this setup has a built in lid that moves and actuates a high beam. so you will have the HID as a high beam as well as your stock highbeams on when you need them. see videos below:

[youtube]C5-Viri9wj4[/youtube]
[youtube]3LJV8OzSJ-I[/youtube]

So onto the good stuff about the GB PRICING:

the new GB pricing is as follows: (Post #132 explains the revamp of pricing)

Projectors, brackets & hardware, new Morimoto 3Five H1 bulbs: regular price - $160 (if user has a typical HID kit)
Projectors, brackets & hardware, new Morimoto 3Five H1 bulbs, AMP conversion: regular price -$170 (if user already has factory HID's)

(These discounts are taken or the regular pricing above)
0-5 orders: Free shipping
6-10 orders: subtract $15 + free shipping
11-15 orders: subtract $20 + free shipping
16-20 orders: subtract $25 + free shipping
20+ orders: subtract $30 + free shipping

FULL HID SETUP:

$235 shipped (ballasts, projector upgrade parts, bulbs and etc)

keep in mind we are already in the 16+ order tier range and are nearing if not already past the 20+ top tier pricing. so this works out better for everyone IMO. because the halfsies buyers will get EVERYTHING for a better price now and the full kit guys will only pay $235 as opposed to like $275 due to low numbers.

sorry again for the confusion. but we just wanted to make it better for everyone and switch focus to the parts that have the most demand
(note the free shipping is only to addresses here in the US)

WARRANTY:

Pulled off the Website:

<I>Unless otherwise noted, all parts carry a one-year warranty. The customer will be responsible to return their defective part to us for inspection, and we will ship a replacement to them immediately upon receipt. TRS is not liable to repl

PAYMENT:

All payments will be made through TRS themselves. You may call and place your order at any time once this GB starts until the end date of this GB. you will need to contact me Via PM for the GB code as it is confidential. once you have the code. you may call in and place your order.

Phone: 614-653-3451

Group buy code:

TRSretroGB6crew

****NOTE - all orders taken in this GB will ship at once. so don't expect the order to ship when you place the order. they will all ship at once after the GB close.****

****NOTE - when ordering, your credit card or paypal info will be taken but not charged so we know the max number of orders reached to give the correct discount teir. then your card will be charged****

GB CLOSING DATE:

GB Closing Date is marked as Friday, February 4th, 2011

1. TGNY - retrofit parts (ordered)
2. 1Kris06 - retrofit parts (ordered)
3. Soapdoctor - retrofit parts, D2S (ordered)
4. cmcconkey - retrofit parts only, H1 (ordered)
5. meelo88 - retrofit parts only, D2S (ordered)
6. batou079 - retrofit parts only, D2S
7. Tvirus - retrofit parts only, H1
8. daztd - retrofit parts, H1 with D2S adapter and AMP conversion (ordered)
9. topazM3 - retrofit parts OEM HID (ordered)
10. bcsean - retrofit parts and D2S adapter (ordered)
11. spikeu_22 - retrofit parts H1 (ordered)
12.mazda6frek - retrofit parts H1
13. nclive02 - full kit
14. jayzon - retrofit parts, H1 bulbs (ordered)
15. thanh - full hid kit (ordered)
16. jedyboyrokr - retrofit parts, bulbs, adapters (ordered)
17. CletusB
18. SANDMAN.3
19. AmillieMS6
20. chucktown_1843
21. triplejumper18
22. jmhinkle
23. Juice28
24. Dfw6er....I'll probably get the full kit.
25. chad11 - full kit (ordered)

Last edited:
Anyone wanting to get in on the GB. Just call the number below and give them the code with your oreder. I have a bunch of other info like warranty info and other stuff. On 6crew but when ur ready to make your order use this stuff below

Phone: 614-653-3451

Group buy code:

TRSretroGB6crew

Ill post back with the end date of the group buy shortly. GB is open now so order away. Stuff won't be shipped until the GB is closed tho.

When you make your order...just post back here that you make an order and what you ordered. So I can keep accurate records. Thanks. Enjoy

Ok, for the members with D2S style bulbs. being that this setup is made moreso designed for H1 equipped applications, there is an adapter that is needed as was mention prior.

but it has been brought to my attention that although the adapters work just fine. they arent the best way to go.

these are the adapters needed:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/images/products/hid-ballasts/amp-ballast-adpaters-03l.jpg

the best way to do it would be (this was suggested by Matt @ TRS himself) for them to send the D2S members, since they're not as well made as the rest of the parts, brand new connectors where you would have to cut the outputs off your stock ballast and re-pin them with the brand new, proper connection to run the new bulbs.

Yea this may not be a route some may want to take, but it has been suggested as the best case scenario for the D2S members.

Of course if you would rather just get the adapters and do it that way, no harm no foul. just passing the info along.

please guys if you go thru and place an order, just pop back in here and let me know you ordered something and what you ordered. so i can keep track of how much stuff is moving. thanks.

GB CLOSING DATE:

GB Closing Date is marked as Friday, February 4th, 2011

so those planning on placing orders please do get the payments in by midnight of the 4th. Thanks

gotcha.... just for a visual, heres the current list i have....

also, guys the GB closes on friday at midnight, so get your orders in thanks.

7. Tvirus - retrofit parts only, H1
13. nclive02 - full kit
17. CletusB
18. SANDMAN.3
19. AmillieMS6
20. chucktown_1843
21. triplejumper18
22. jmhinkle
23. Juice28
26. corpusspeed6 - retrofit kit

1st post also updated. didnt realize i hadnt put the new pricing here. sorry bout that. better deal for you all.

GB closes tomorrow at midnight. moreso the COB of TRS. so lets get the orders in if you havent already..........

7. Tvirus - retrofit parts only, H1 (ordered)
13. nclive02 - full kit
17. CletusB
18. SANDMAN.3
19. AmillieMS6
20. chucktown_1843
21. triplejumper18
22. jmhinkle
23. Juice28
26. slowbill - full kit (ordered)
27. silver06 - retrofit parts (ordered)
28. nbarzel - full kit (ordered)
29. cyberia213642 - retrofit parts and bulbs (ordered)
30. sconnie6 - full kit - (ordered)

Back