Speedracr79's Build Thread

I have a port and polished head on another motor that im gonna use on this one. Along with the J-Spec Exhaust cam, in the works with FOCUS on getting some adjustable cam gears due to the 1.5 cams being variable, i need to retard the timing. Gonna get the intake manifold port and polished also to match the head. Im not gonna go all out due to the motor not pushing a whole lot of power to begin with, I just want a little more umph if you know what i mean. Id love to boost it but realisticly for me its not in the cards..

Last edited:
yeah i know i aint gonna get much but what ever i can get is fine this car will end up being my fun weekend car autoX, drag (just for fun), and cruises...the real fun is going to be in my new car im gonna get probably wont be till next year but im getting either an EvoX or STI Hatch not sure... i wanted a MS3 but i want AWD so th ms3 wont cut it...

the only reason im building my car is just for FUN most of it will be done by me and some friends so the memories, learning, and bonding is the main attraction for me...when i bought the car i always said i wanted to build it because there isnt many 99-00 that are built or atleast modded good so i figure why not... hell last time i ran it which was probably back in 03 with only the intake and exhaust (wich had a hole in it) the car should have not been on the track that day alot of things needed to be replaced or repaired but i ran it anyway and ran a 17.002 dont remember the mph but i pulled my ex bro in laws RS camaro BAD TOO!...so i can only imagine what itll run when im done

i have a port and polished head on another motor that im gonna use on this one and 1.5 JDM cams, in the works with FOCUS on getting some adjustable cam gears due to the 1.5 cams being variable, gonna get the intake manifold and the headers cleanned up for more air flow...im not gonna go all out due to the motor not pushing a whole lot of power i just want a little more umph...if you know what i mean...id love to boost it but realisticly for me its not in the cards..

damn im jelly right now well ur repersenting the 1.6 very well r u puting the mounts and the clutch too???

do all that you can to just squeeze those last hp out of it.

all the way!!!!

yeah the mounts, clutch, all suspension braces, lowering springs, catch cans, CF pieces, all that good stuff my car isnt driving again untill its complete...luckly for me i have my uncles truck to drive if i need to go anywhere

yeah the mounts, clutch, all suspension braces, lowering springs, catch cans, CF pieces, all that good stuff my car isnt driving again untill its complete...luckly for me i have my uncles truck to drive if i need to go anywhere

awesome man will get all that knocked out wen i go down cant wait..

aitee.. hmm it says its for 01-03 proteges. but im guessing it works wit ours too hah.

If you really want that extra kick and still keep fuel economy, you should do the first supercharged 1.6

^ thanks man i appreciate it and thanks for checkin out my thread

well up date havent really done anything to the car yet been pretty busy

but i did install a new VISION weighted shift knob...updated OP with pic

Cam gears will be here next week probably monday or tuesday(yippy), and i just ordered a lightweight flywheel so that will be here hopefully friday.(2thumbs)

and next paycheck i will buy the pully set so hopefully it should be back on the road again pretty soon its been way to long i miss it:(

Patience always pays off my friend.
Take some progress pics when you get a chance!

Will do yeah that's one thing I didn't do with the previous mods but I will do with these new mods. And yeah im just gonna play the waiting game and be patient I want this done the right way and not half ass.

Back