How to replace oem 5k headlight bulbs to 10k bulbs in a Mazdaspeed GT

JoshsMSP03

:
07' Sunlight Silver MS3
I am having a problem trying to replace my factory bulbs w 10k bulbs.. I am in need of some kindof how to to get enough room in the engine bay to replace my bulbs??? Please anyone help??

Assuming the gt is the same as the sport as far as dealing with the bulbs, if you have the stock airbox it will be a major pain on the drivers side. I just replaced mine but i have a sri. I would give the passenger side a go first, there was plenty of room on that side without removing anything. As far as the drivers side you might have to remove the airbox to be able to have the room to reach in there.

Naw i dont think its the same as a sports edition. I can get to the high beams no problem & thats what i think your talking bout. Im talking about the factory hids that come in the low beams, i dont have any room to get to them on either side

I changed both highs and lows and both were some what easy to get to, the lows of course harder to get to but yea i guess they are different then if you cant get to them

Yea on the driver side i have the fusebox in the way & on the passenger side i have the washer fluid reservoir & something else in the way, the only thing i can do is take the cap off haha!!! Its really starting to piss me off!! In the owners manual, its says on changing the bulbs out to let a certified mazda dealer do it if your messing with the hids, screw that s***!!!

Take the bumper off and remove the headlight units. Its honestly the easiest way, IMO.

So domino81 what is the easiest way for me to replace them then?? Im planning on doin it this weekend

I would just un-bolt the headlight from the frame. I've yet to do it, but looking at it I can't see it can't be done.

so you're telling me when you take it to the dealer they have to take the bumper off every time to remove the headlights? bulls***.

Well when it's the HID's we're talking about they very well may have to do so. Not like HID's will have to be changed all that often.

God damn it. Now I feel like I have to do this or shut up. Because I haven't had to yet. It's just that I've worked in shops for a bit now, or worked around the automotive industry and I've never had to do that. There's always, always, always been a trick.

jus replaced my bulbs on my GT with 12k's and yes i had to take the bumper off, theres no room at all with stock hid's

Back