Speed6 sputter

monstersix

:
2006 mazdaspeed 6
Damn my car sputters like crazzzyyy. Any ideas??
At wot it loses power and sputters and crackles an pops. I don't know WTF is wrong with this thing. I'm about ready to meet the front end into a brick wall n walk away. I tried new plugs. Stretching the spring in the coil, what else could it be??? Possibly a bov? Idk. Help !!!(bang)

sounds like boost or fuel cut. do you have anything to log with? the cold weather will cause this, so if you could log fuel pressure you could see whether you need an upgraded pump or not. other wise you need some kind of tuning to resolve this.

well i would log fuel pressure with it. also i hope you aren't running the atp b.c defender in conjunction with it.

sounds like fuel cut to me also..i get it at wot in 3rd and 4th gear sometimes and notice my fuel pressure drop dramatically ...i need the cpe fuel pump

My wifes MS6 was doing this also so we took it to the dealer and they said its happens alot do to the front O2 sensor. They replaced it and it like driving a new car. May not be your issue but it sounds very similar.

mine is doing the same thing, it through a code last weekend and its my egr valve. found a link to clean it and its suppse to make the car run like new.

www . the mazda forum . com/showthread.php/7713-How-To-clean-your-1st-Gen-Mazdaspeed-3-EGR (take out spaces)

couldnt hurt to clean it out and eliminate that possibility

mine is doing the same thing, it through a code last weekend and its my egr valve. found a link to clean it and its suppse to make the car run like new.

www . the mazda forum . com/showthread.php/7713-How-To-clean-your-1st-Gen-Mazdaspeed-3-EGR (take out spaces)

couldnt hurt to clean it out and eliminate that possibility
Yeah, my car ran much better after cleaning the egr. The one thing I would recommend is where it says to remove the throttle body to get to the 22mm bolt on the egr tube? It's not necessary. I was able to just use an open end wrench and loosen it. It's not on there very tight. That helps with not losing as much coolant as well.

if you have an AP...hook it up and monitor your 'actual AFR'. If it is stuck at 29.3 off boost, your primary HO2 sensor is bad and will need to be replaced (it is stuck lean). When the engine is under load / boost it'll go out of closed loop and transition to open loop...then the AFR will pop out of 29.3 and read somewhere in the 8-9 range for AFR. Symptoms of a bad Ho2s is moderate hesitation/stutter when car is under boost and under load. CEL codes associated with a bad primary o2 sensor are p0131 and p02177

If this is the case, a new HO2s will cost you about $160...Denso part#234-5013 is a direct replacement. If you go OE mazda for the primary ho2s, expect to pay around $280-300. The Denso is a direct-replacement and it worked for me.

Im hoping you see this but having the same issue here and i was wandering if you could show some pictures on how to remove/clean the EGR valve?

Back